Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hi all, I'm Leigh. I am fishing obsessed and have been all my life. Currently I am living in South Australia but travel interstate every year on various fishing based trips. In SA I work in the aquaculture industry and love being around the water. I am a regular poster on the South Australian fishing forum Strike&Hook, of which I am a moderator but decided to join Fishraider as I like to read lots of info on fishing, no matter where in Australia that is. And that the reputation for this site is far and above that of other interstate forums.

Hi all my name is Stuart and I've been reading posts on fish raider for the past 2 years so I thought it would be about time to become a member. I live in the Sutherland shire and I have recently purchased a 460 coast runner in the last 12months. Mainly fish the hacking and outside from cronulla. Don't know the area amazingly but know a few basic spots. Looking forward to posting in the forums and meeting some fellow raiders!! Cheers Stu.

Welcome Stuart, good to have you.

G'day everyone,

Always reading the great posts on Fishraider so was about time i joined.

I fish in and out of the Port Hacking and get about in a Southwind SR17.

Not the best of a fisherman,but i am here to make a change.

Cheers Dremark.

G'day all it's been 5 years since i wet a line properly (i'm one of them blokes that only like to fish out of a boat) as i sold my

my little haines sea wasp , i used to fish out of it all over the Gippsland lakes and 12ks of off lakes entrance so now

it looks like i am about to buy another boat and get back in to fishing again .

lucky i kept most of my good gear as the new prices tend to make me and my wallet shake a bit :thumbdown: i just hope this

new boat is as good as my old tub .

cheers Tac

Edited by tackleberry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Joined 4 years back when I first moved to Canberra, just introducing myself now. Shows how much fishing I got to do in the last 4 years :(

I have now purchased an old Brooker 4.4 forward control with 40hp evinrude. After a few months of working on it, it is finally running well.

Making trips to Batemans Bay every 3rd saturday now. Is there anyone here that would be able to give me a hand to find a spot to get started? I drifted around the bay on saturday and pulled in s**t loads of mostly undersized flathead.

I will be on the hunt for some reef species and some squid.

Cheers all, tight lines.

• 3 weeks later...

Gday folks,

Ive been a member since 2011 but haven't introduced myself as yet, I know, poor form!

My name is Tony, I fish in Botany Bay and have a 5 metre Seafarer half cabin.

I'll be 51 next week and ive just got the fishing bug back after a stay up in Townsville with a dear friend of mine.

In the past 5 years I keep popping in and reading your fishing reports, hoping that this will be enough to get me back out there.

I had a bit of a hairy experience just off cape banks a few years ago and im slowly getting back on my bike, in fact only a few weeks ago I ventured out off Malabar, didn't catch much as I don't know many close reef spots that fire up.

Back in my time id fish the reefs off Maroubra/Coogee and get on to some decent reds..Not quite ready to go that wide just yet as I don't have much trust left..

Its funny you know, when I was younger id challenge myself into almost anything, the no fear factor but as I got older and the kids came along (2 boys,1 princess) the responsible side of me came out, no more going out to Browns in a runabout (id have to be on the P&O to head out to Browns these days)..

Anyway back to fishing, as my profile name reads "luvmifishin" and I do but I miss my REDS...Ive seen some people catch 40+cm reds in the Bay, god knows where and they will never tell ya :mfr_lol: but maybe there is a nice guy out there who will :047:

I use to catch the occasional Jew in the bay but that also has stopped :mellow:

Surely there must be some reefs close to the Botany Heads..

Now that ive been to Townsville and seen what they catch in them creeks, I wish I lived up there! Ohhh hang on, don't know if I could cope with the bugs and the humidity :wine:

Cheers

Tony

• 2 weeks later...

Gday all,

looking forward to contributing to a fantastic forum. It has been a wealth of knowledge and great source of entertainment for me. I reside in the Illawarra and usually fish offshore out of Port Kembla, Bellambi or Shellharbour ramps.

Raymondo.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My name's Luke, and I'm from Penrith.

I'm 22, and I've always loved fishing but only really started to hit the waters in the last 6-12 months. Previously I'd just drop a line in on holidays and never catch anything.

I joined a fishing club near me a few months ago, and found FR while doing some research on target species (club hairtail night!). I joined the forum so I can get involved with discussions and hopefully learn a few things from the more experienced anglers here!

My hobbies include fishing (obviously), soccer (indoor and outdoor), and on the odd occasion I dust off my old guitar and bass guitar.

Due to not owning a boat, I'm restricted to land based fishing, but I'm finding some good spots in the fresh and salt! If anyone from the west is looking for a fishing partner for a day, feel free to hit me up via PM!

Cheers,

Luke

Hi all,

My name's Luke, and I'm from Penrith.

I'm 22, and I've always loved fishing but only really started to hit the waters in the last 6-12 months. Previously I'd just drop a line in on holidays and never catch anything.

I joined a fishing club near me a few months ago, and found FR while doing some research on target species (club hairtail night!). I joined the forum so I can get involved with discussions and hopefully learn a few things from the more experienced anglers here!

My hobbies include fishing (obviously), soccer (indoor and outdoor), and on the odd occasion I dust off my old guitar and bass guitar.

Due to not owning a boat, I'm restricted to land based fishing, but I'm finding some good spots in the fresh and salt! If anyone from the west is looking for a fishing partner for a day, feel free to hit me up via PM!

Cheers,

Luke

You have come to the right place Luke with plenty of westies on our board.

Regards Admin

Hi All,

I have been a passive member of the forum for the recent 3 years and active reader of it for the recent 5 years or so.

I reside in Sydney Lower North Shore and fish usually 1-3 times per week in North Shore or Central Coast ( land-based SP/HB/bait in estuary, beach or rocks) with occasional trips to Jarvis Bay rocks. Usually it is a catch and release unless my fridge is finally empty.

I am a 'nocturnal animal', so usually (but not always) I fish at night or after dusk.

I am not a beginner. I started to fish when I was 6 y.o. in the freshwater in Europe with my dad long time ago, and was building my fishing rods (actually - fishing poles made from 'blanks' from the nearest forest) when I was 9. I had a long break in my 'fishing career' due to a number of commitments. Now I am back to my addiction and unlimited tackle collection.

I enjoy reading local fishing forums (particularly in bad weather) - good source of tackle reviews, fishing rigs and and tactics discussions, latest local fishing reports and even some local fishing spots information.

Hoping to buy a Hobie yak one day or find a regular fishing partner in the area for boating trips to chase the fish that could give a good exercise to my hands.

Cheers,

savit

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Raiders,

My name is Kit (second Kit here i believe). 40 year old lifetime angler and an all around fisherman. Found this site by chance and awestruck at the great info it contains. I live in Dubai but am from The Philippines. The fishing here in the UAE is pretty similar to the fishing in Australia, in fact we share quite a few species so I'm real excited to learn from fellow Raiders!

I do pretty much any type of fishing and have been quite fortunate to meet and be friends with some great people around the world. I have family in Australia and look forward in meeting some of you guys in the near future. If there is any info I can share with you guys about fishing in the UAE please ask away.

Cheers!!!!

Kitster

Hi raiders,

I joined this great site only a couple of days ago.

My name is Marshall and I'm only 13 years old. But I've been fishing for around 9 of those years!

I grew up/growing up on the great Flinders island. There's some great fishing to be done around here but unfortunately there's no bream but there's some pretty good flattie fishing.

I really only have on hobbie and that's fishing. It's also school holidays now and hoping to do some flats fishing but until that damn wind stops, hopefully this Wednesday.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, cheers

Hi raiders,

I joined this great site only a couple of days ago.

My name is Marshall and I'm only 13 years old. But I've been fishing for around 9 of those years!

I grew up/growing up on the great Flinders island. There's some great fishing to be done around here but unfortunately there's no bream but there's some pretty good flattie fishing.

I really only have on hobbie and that's fishing. It's also school holidays now and hoping to do some flats fishing but until that damn wind stops, hopefully this Wednesday.

I look forward to getting to know all of you, cheers

Welcome young man. This is a great site for young and old. I hope you enjoy reading and learning as there are many topics on here to help improve your fishing!

Cheers scratchie mod team

hi..my name is rick im from central coast originally Newcastle I fish for everything from blackfish off the rocks to marlin in salt..love chasin EPs bass cod ..started fishin out of a yak last year and love it I chased marlin for quite a few years out of Swansea and port stephens..we love chasin snapper locally and up the coast..hope to make useful comments on the site as ive just joined but have read the forums for quite some time..il try and put some fotos up as soon as I figure out how to resize cheers for now

hi..my name is rick im from central coast originally Newcastle I fish for everything from blackfish off the rocks to marlin in salt..love chasin EPs bass cod ..started fishin out of a yak last year and love it I chased marlin for quite a few years out of Swansea and port stephens..we love chasin snapper locally and up the coast..hope to make useful comments on the site as ive just joined but have read the forums for quite some time..il try and put some fotos up as soon as I figure out how to resize cheers for now

Welocme to Fishraider Rick - Hope you enjoy being here

Cheers Blood Knot

G'day everyone

I've just joined after reading quite a few topics on here, my name is Justin and I love to fish even though I'm not particularly good at it.

I'm hoping to learn more about fishing and now that my parents are living at Nelson Bay, I'd really appreciate some tips from the locals as I will be visiting the bay often.

I recently set up a new rig specifically for bream and my first time out at the Nelson Bay breakwall resulted in a nice little bream. I also landed a leatherjacket, they were destroying my SPs.

I have researched a fair bit and I am running this setup at the moment, feel free to laugh but I'm just doing this on my own as I'm not from a mad keen fishing family.

Shimano raider 1-3kg

Shimano Stradic HG1000

Suffix 6lb braid

Vanish 6lb fluro

1/16 jighead

Gulp and Zman plastics, although I have not had any luck with zmans.

Look forward to chatting with you all.