Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

On 19 December 2016 at 10:38 AM, mrsswordfisherman said:

Welcome to fishraider Gerard

Post your query into Fishing Chat and use our search function to search for lots of answers :)

Hey Guys,

I am a 13 year old fisherman and I live near bonnet bay and usually fish of the banks of woronora. I use prawns as bait and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips about how to hook something!!

Hey Guys ,

I am a 13 year old fisherman and I live near bonnet bay. I usually fish of the banks of Woronora or the wharf at Como. I was just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to hook Flathead, Bream or Anything really!

• 2 weeks later...

Hullo All;

My name Is Roger and I have Just joined up with you guys and girls.

Before moving to Tassie a few years ago I lived all my life in Mona Vale on the Northern Beaches.

Fished Mona Vale, Little Narrabeen etc,  for Luderick since I was a kid. ( I am now over three score years.)

Also fished Pittwater ,,Narrabeen Lakes and other spots with soft plastics for many years.

Back in the days when we had to import them ourselves from the USA.

Have been looking at this site for a few months and like what I see.

No over inflated egos from "legends in their own lunch time." ( Was barred from one site for upsetting one of those.)

My posting name is Oldfella.

Hope toave an enjoyable time on here which I am certain I will.

Cheers for now.

Roger.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone!

After lots of harassing by my partner, @Wellzy94, I'm finally introducing myself.

My name is Cassie, I've been fishing since I was little but was never really too serious about it until the past year or so. I'm currently 22yrs and I work as a veterinary nurse.

We mainly go saltwater fishing but are more then happy to wet a line in any system, be it fresh or salt :)

I would love to get into fly-fishing and really need to learn how to strike at things, I'm a bit lazy and just kinda let things hook themselves.

I'm open to learning new things and will welcome any comments of constructive criticism or pointers so don't hesitate to point out any mistakes!

I look forward to learning from your collective experiences and getting out there and fishing with you all.

Thanks, 

Cass

Hi Cassie and welcome to F/R. Have already read one report where you outfished Wellzy and looking forward to reading many more. You've come to the right place to learn about all sorts of fishing techniques. Cheers, BN

6 hours ago, Hamilton said:

Hi everyone!

After lots of harassing by my partner, @Wellzy94, I'm finally introducing myself.

My name is Cassie, I've been fishing since I was little but was never really too serious about it until the past year or so. I'm currently 22yrs and I work as a veterinary nurse.

We mainly go saltwater fishing but are more then happy to wet a line in any system, be it fresh or salt :)

I would love to get into fly-fishing and really need to learn how to strike at things, I'm a bit lazy and just kinda let things hook themselves.

I'm open to learning new things and will welcome any comments of constructive criticism or pointers so don't hesitate to point out any mistakes!

I look forward to learning from your collective experiences and getting out there and fishing with you all.

Thanks, 

Cass

Pleased to have another female on board Cass :)

It has always been my dream to have a men vs women comp or a partners comp on fishraider. We may well get it at some point.

Keep the reports coming and welcome.

10 hours ago, big Neil said:

Hi Cassie and welcome to F/R. Have already read one report where you outfished Wellzy and looking forward to reading many more. You've come to the right place to learn about all sorts of fishing techniques. Cheers, BN

Heh, just means I'm teaching her well ;)

Good to see you finally posted Cass! It did actually take a bit of nagging, but it worked in the end :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

Hi everyone,

I visit this site daily & have learned a lot from it the last few months. Stocked it will continue on :D so thought I'd finally say hi & start contributing.

Fished a lot when younger & only just back into it now my kids are of a fishing age (6 & 8).

After a few months struggling land based (with kids), we bought a small runabout & have been fishing Botany Bay recently. We regularly visit W'Gong too where I grew up, so will give Lake Illawara a go one day.

It's a struggle keeping the interest up for the kids with regular catches but we are getting better, slowly. Keen to continue to learn from this great site.

Thanks.

Gab

1 hour ago, Gabm said:

Hi everyone,

I visit this site daily & have learned a lot from it the last few months. Stocked it will continue on :D so thought I'd finally say hi & start contributing.

Fished a lot when younger & only just back into it now my kids are of a fishing age (6 & 8).

After a few months struggling land based (with kids), we bought a small runabout & have been fishing Botany Bay recently. We regularly visit W'Gong too where I grew up, so will give Lake Illawara a go one day.

It's a struggle keeping the interest up for the kids with regular catches but we are getting better, slowly. Keen to continue to learn from this great site.

Thanks.

Gab

Hi Gab,

Welcome to Fishraider! Hope to see plenty of reports of you fishing with the kids :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

Hi Raiders! 

my name ia Anthony. known as Ant. I have a wife of 21 yrs and  4 kids that are all hooked on fishing. we live in umina beach and mainly fish the brisbane waters. I am a landscaper and my company name is the same as my username Ants Backyard. When the weather is right its an easy decision to hook up the boat and leave the box trailer in the driveway. I often fish Broken bay and love heading outside to the fatty grounds with my best mate Nat that lives at lil Wobbi beach in the hawkesbury ( lucky bugger his driveway is a jetty). dont know how he ever gets to work!!!!?

love to see yas all on the water at some stage! 

Can we make a page where we post when we are going out and were they r biting? not sure hows these forums work but great seeing that there are so many keen fishos out there.  

Me and Nat are heading out this friday. depRting Patonga at About 6:30 am. 

Tight lines.  

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, new to this forum.

Been fishing since I was a kid and really getting into it. I tend to over think and then stress when purchasing new gear and I hope this forum can help me with that as well as teach me a few things along the way.

thanks, RIP

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone

I'm Ákos (say it like Arkosh). My parents immigrated here in late 1985 and I spent my teens and early 20s rock fishing (surfing, spearfishing) around Maroubra and Coogee mostly. 

I took a very long break from fishing and have just reacquired new equipment, as I've sold all my rock fishing gear in the late 90s.

Looking forward to getting back on the rocks. Admittedly, I'm quite perplexed by the life jacket law in the Randwick LGA. Common sense never killed anyone. 

12 minutes ago, Amatteroflight said:

Hi everyone

I'm Ákos (say it like Arkosh). My parents immigrated here in late 1985 and I spent my teens and early 20s rock fishing (surfing, spearfishing) around Maroubra and Coogee mostly. 

I took a very long break from fishing and have just reacquired new equipment, as I've sold all my rock fishing gear in the late 90s.

Looking forward to getting back on the rocks. Admittedly, I'm quite perplexed by the life jacket law in the Randwick LGA. Common sense never killed anyone. 

:1welcomeani: looking forward to your reports

• 2 months later...

Hi all 

Just want to say hi and tell you all a bit about myself. I have 4 children 3 boys and a daughter. 2 of my boys and my daughter love fishing. 

Fishing other than my kids is my biggest passion. As we live inland but love ocean fishing it makes it hard to do it as often as possible.  Can't wait to get some helpful tips and hope i can help other as well. This is my first time on a forum so hope to meet some new people and learn some new things to improve my fishing. Thanks all tight lines :D:fisher:

Edited by The_apple

• 1 month later...

Hi my preferred name is Chappy. 55 Before moving to Shepparton most of my fishing was in the sea, loving sea spray, flinders. Hastings, Phillip island to name a few. A course fishing club in Knox helped me to understand bait presentation and how you can catch a big fish using a hook that can hardly be seen. These days I fish inland and chase Cod/redfin but Yella's are illusive. My earliest memory and my first fish was a very big Cod off Portland peer. I thought it was a snag but it came to the surface. it looked bigger than me. I think that put fishing in my heart.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I’m David or Dave I’m not fussed, used to fish around Swansea area as a kid then sort of stopped fishing during my teen and 20’s now I’m in my mid 30’s I’ve started to get back into it recently. My skill level has a long way to go as was evidenced by my first cast a month ago that I can say I was very great full no one was around to witness !! I’m purely land based and fish the north Sydney and beaches area currently. 

I grew up bait fishing but am determined to change to Soft plastics, so far without success. But I will keep trying. 

Looking forward to learning from the great crowd on this forum and contributing when I can. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TurtleTown said:

Hi, I’m David or Dave I’m not fussed, used to fish around Swansea area as a kid then sort of stopped fishing during my teen and 20’s now I’m in my mid 30’s I’ve started to get back into it recently. My skill level has a long way to go as was evidenced by my first cast a month ago that I can say I was very great full no one was around to witness !! I’m purely land based and fish the north Sydney and beaches area currently. 

I grew up bait fishing but am determined to change to Soft plastics, so far without success. But I will keep trying. 

Looking forward to learning from the great crowd on this forum and contributing when I can. 

Welcome to our community Dave and look forward to reading your posts :)

• Like 1