mrsswordfisherman

Allow Me To Introduce Myself

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Fishing.Hooked said:

Yeah I did mate, unfortunately is all topics from 2009 or 2006,  I know most prob not much would change but wasn't from these areas originally and wasn't into to fishing at a early age (no one showed me or made the effort to teach me)

Just wanted some recent information on the area but lucky enough l have someone with a lot of experience coming down to shed some light with me this evening! 

Take these thoughts over to Fishing Chat fellas. Start a new thread and someone may give some info

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!

I'm Spanish guy who's recently moved back to sunny Melbourne ? after a couple of years around Europe.

I'm a nature lover, an outdoors enthusiast. I'm always keen for a hike, a bike ride, surfing, kitesurfing, camping, a 4wd trip, you name it! I always give fishing a shot when I'm around the ocean but nothing serious, just throwing a couple of lures with a $50 rod & reel combo.

Next week I'm starting a 3 to 4 weeks road trip from Melbourne to Byron Bay along the coast, so for the last couple of weeks I have been reading quite a lot about fishing as I think during this trip I will be out fishing a good amount of hours. Next step, deciding my next rod and reel kit!

I hope I get the chance to meet many of you out there and pick your brains!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vicMoo said:

Hi everyone!

I'm Spanish guy who's recently moved back to sunny Melbourne ? after a couple of years around Europe.

I'm a nature lover, an outdoors enthusiast. I'm always keen for a hike, a bike ride, surfing, kitesurfing, camping, a 4wd trip, you name it! I always give fishing a shot when I'm around the ocean but nothing serious, just throwing a couple of lures with a $50 rod & reel combo.

Next week I'm starting a 3 to 4 weeks road trip from Melbourne to Byron Bay along the coast, so for the last couple of weeks I have been reading quite a lot about fishing as I think during this trip I will be out fishing a good amount of hours. Next step, deciding my next rod and reel kit!

I hope I get the chance to meet many of you out there and pick your brains!

Welcome @vicMoo look forward to reading your reports :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi just wanted to say big gday to everyone just joined up I live on the mid north coast Taree and have a boat 22ft trophy walk around 200hp always looking to hit the water if anyone in the area likes to do the same let me know as I’m always looking for a fishing mate to split costs of fishing and the rewards of our efforts easygoing 43 yrs old I do smoke and don’t like to be told about it but that’s about it for my pet hates again I’m new to this and keen to fish all the time have a young family who don’t mind wetting their lines boy especially keen only when catching thx all have a great day on the water cob ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cobb333 said:

Hi just wanted to say big gday to everyone just joined up I live on the mid north coast Taree and have a boat 22ft trophy walk around 200hp always looking to hit the water if anyone in the area likes to do the same let me know as I’m always looking for a fishing mate to split costs of fishing and the rewards of our efforts easygoing 43 yrs old I do smoke and don’t like to be told about it but that’s about it for my pet hates again I’m new to this and keen to fish all the time have a young family who don’t mind wetting their lines boy especially keen only when catching thx all have a great day on the water cob ?

Welcome to fishraider Cobb333.

Im sure there will be some keen fishos that would like to go out with you. Put up a post in the fishing trips section and im sure there will be some takers.

Look forward to some reports of your trips.

 

Cheers

Rah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all, just joined although been stalking these forums and others for many years.

Names Sammy, everyone calls me squirt and thats how i normally introduce myself. Been fishing for most of my life, live on lake macquarie (across the road from it) but most of my time is spent here in sydney due to work,

2 kids, 4 year old boy and 16 month year old girl, who both of them have already taken to fishing, no boat as yet but plan to get one shortly. Fish atleast twice a week whether its going for the mighty mud marlin (carp) with mates after work or going for some good eating fish up home in lake mac,

Hope to put some reports up soon, as im sydney based most of the week, im always keen to go for a night flick, whether it be chasing carp in a local pond or driving for an hour to get to the salt water.

Best pb for night fishing was a 56cm Flathead on some corn at apple tree bay, and a 40 odd cm bream at church point. normally just use light gear, 2-4kg rod and some decent braid, makes the fight more fun, and really really light gear for carp, 

 

Tight Lines guys and gals,

Regards Squ!rt

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Squ!rt said:

Hi all, just joined although been stalking these forums and others for many years.

Names Sammy, everyone calls me squirt and thats how i normally introduce myself. Been fishing for most of my life, live on lake macquarie (across the road from it) but most of my time is spent here in sydney due to work,

2 kids, 4 year old boy and 16 month year old girl, who both of them have already taken to fishing, no boat as yet but plan to get one shortly. Fish atleast twice a week whether its going for the mighty mud marlin (carp) with mates after work or going for some good eating fish up home in lake mac,

Hope to put some reports up soon, as im sydney based most of the week, im always keen to go for a night flick, whether it be chasing carp in a local pond or driving for an hour to get to the salt water.

Best pb for night fishing was a 56cm Flathead on some corn at apple tree bay, and a 40 odd cm bream at church point. normally just use light gear, 2-4kg rod and some decent braid, makes the fight more fun, and really really light gear for carp, 

 

Tight Lines guys and gals,

Regards Squ!rt

Welcome to Fishraider Squirt.

 

Looking forward to some reports Flathead on corn is a new one for me! 

 

Cheers

Rah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, Squ!rt said:

Hi all, just joined although been stalking these forums and others for many years.

Names Sammy, everyone calls me squirt and thats how i normally introduce myself. Been fishing for most of my life, live on lake macquarie (across the road from it) but most of my time is spent here in sydney due to work,

2 kids, 4 year old boy and 16 month year old girl, who both of them have already taken to fishing, no boat as yet but plan to get one shortly. Fish atleast twice a week whether its going for the mighty mud marlin (carp) with mates after work or going for some good eating fish up home in lake mac,

Hope to put some reports up soon, as im sydney based most of the week, im always keen to go for a night flick, whether it be chasing carp in a local pond or driving for an hour to get to the salt water.

Best pb for night fishing was a 56cm Flathead on some corn at apple tree bay, and a 40 odd cm bream at church point. normally just use light gear, 2-4kg rod and some decent braid, makes the fight more fun, and really really light gear for carp, 

 

Tight Lines guys and gals,

Regards Squ!rt

Welcome Squirt,

I'm original a Central coast fella, but now in Manly.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of good spots around Sydney to drop a hook in. Where are you in Sydney..?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2018 at 2:43 PM, NBFisho said:

Welcome Squirt,

I'm original a Central coast fella, but now in Manly.

I'm sure you'll find plenty of good spots around Sydney to drop a hook in. Where are you in Sydney..?

Western syd near blacktown, regularly go berowra or church point depending on wind and weather, or hit up local ponds or lakes for carp/mud marlin, and nepean after a decent poor

Edited by Squ!rt
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Folks, 

new to fishing hence new to this forum although i am in my 40's  :) 

I live near Guildford in Sydney West  (moved to Australia around 10 years ago) 

bought a rod last year reading about the hobby online, mostly and watching you tubes, 

caught few small fish so far but nothing noticeable. 

keen to catch Salmon or Kingfish.

if someone can share good spots or even help me to learn how to fish for these species that will be wonderful.

G'day 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jaw1 said:

Hi Folks, 

new to fishing hence new to this forum although i am in my 40's  :) 

I live near Guildford in Sydney West  (moved to Australia around 10 years ago) 

bought a rod last year reading about the hobby online, mostly and watching you tubes, 

caught few small fish so far but nothing noticeable. 

keen to catch Salmon or Kingfish.

if someone can share good spots or even help me to learn how to fish for these species that will be wonderful.

G'day 

 

Welcome to fishraider. 

Use our search function on almost any thing fishing or boating for answers..

Post in any queries and hope you enjoy your fishing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys,

Just got to Ballina from the west coast of Canada from Vancouver. I am here for just over a month and am super keen to get as much fishing in as I can.  I just got myself a popper rod and reel as well have a smaller spin rod for the rivers, I have already been out and caught some whiting and the sorts. 

Back at home I am a big fisher for any sort of salmon (river or boat based) as well heaps of fly fishing focusing on giant rainbows which I do pretty well at. Been fishing my whole life and love it.

Looking out there to see if there is anyone keen to fish the Ballina area together, I am very interested and would love to focus on LBG fishing for any sorts any day of the week.

Look forward to getting more fishing in!

Cheers

Winston

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome @WinstonC look forward to reading your reports.

post up this request in the Fishing Trips or Desperate and Boatless section as we have a few raiders up that way

Enjoy our country. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, WinstonC said:

Hey guys,

Just got to Ballina from the west coast of Canada from Vancouver. I am here for just over a month and am super keen to get as much fishing in as I can.  I just got myself a popper rod and reel as well have a smaller spin rod for the rivers, I have already been out and caught some whiting and the sorts. 

Back at home I am a big fisher for any sort of salmon (river or boat based) as well heaps of fly fishing focusing on giant rainbows which I do pretty well at. Been fishing my whole life and love it.

Looking out there to see if there is anyone keen to fish the Ballina area together, I am very interested and would love to focus on LBG fishing for any sorts any day of the week.

Look forward to getting more fishing in!

Cheers

Winston

Welcome to fishraider Winston! 

Try putting a post on the “fishing trips” or “fishing chat” section. I’m sure there are some fishraiders up that way that may have the time to show you a few spots! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Evening Fishraiders!

I'm Michael, from Sydney's North-West! Have been an on and off casual fisherman (ie I often have no idea what I'm doing). My mate and I have started getting more into it, he has a nice fishing boat and we've been trying out spots in the Hawkesbury and Pittwater. Before that I've mainly been going on land, which is extremely unsuccessful when you have no clue what you are doing. 

Jumped on here to learn from the pros, and get my head around the different rigs, how to use lures, tips on the boat and just the little tips that age old wisdom provides you! 

Hope to one day show off a big score or at least grab something that'll make for a good dinner!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blameturner said:

Good Evening Fishraiders!

I'm Michael, from Sydney's North-West! Have been an on and off casual fisherman (ie I often have no idea what I'm doing). My mate and I have started getting more into it, he has a nice fishing boat and we've been trying out spots in the Hawkesbury and Pittwater. Before that I've mainly been going on land, which is extremely unsuccessful when you have no clue what you are doing. 

Jumped on here to learn from the pros, and get my head around the different rigs, how to use lures, tips on the boat and just the little tips that age old wisdom provides you! 

Hope to one day show off a big score or at least grab something that'll make for a good dinner!

Welcome to fishraider Michael. 

Youve found the right place to get those tips your looking for. 

Feel free to browse through the site using the “search function”. 

There’s some very knowledgeable fishos on here that may provide some advice to help you catch that table fish! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blameturner said:

Good Evening Fishraiders!

I'm Michael, from Sydney's North-West! Have been an on and off casual fisherman (ie I often have no idea what I'm doing). My mate and I have started getting more into it, he has a nice fishing boat and we've been trying out spots in the Hawkesbury and Pittwater. Before that I've mainly been going on land, which is extremely unsuccessful when you have no clue what you are doing. 

Jumped on here to learn from the pros, and get my head around the different rigs, how to use lures, tips on the boat and just the little tips that age old wisdom provides you! 

Hope to one day show off a big score or at least grab something that'll make for a good dinner!

G'day Michael and welcome to Fishraider. I live and fish a long way from Sydney but could offer you some advice on catching some fish. Firstly I would say get out on the water often. Target the "bread and butter" fish (Bream, Flathead, Whiting). Bait fishing with prawns or squid should get you some results. Eventually, you will want to try lure fishing and soft plastics are a very successful way to start. Good luck with your fishing and we will all look forward to seeing your reports in the near future. Cheers, bn

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Michael. I’m located in Sydney North West - Castle Hill. Happy to share/ swap fishing and boating experiences.  I wouldn’t consider my self a pro but do ok. 

Cheers

Zoran

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Welcome to fishraider Michael. 

Youve found the right place to get those tips your looking for. 

Feel free to browse through the site using the “search function”. 

There’s some very knowledgeable fishos on here that may provide some advice to help you catch that table fish! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks mate! I definitely hope so! I've dug out my old AFN Fishing Guides and bought a map of the Hawkesbury/Pittwater with tips so hopefully will have some level of success. I'm thinking of digging into these forums, and the book itself, I've slowly realised it's not as easy as rig up, put bait, cast, reel in whoppers. There's an art to it!

Hopefully will be able to learn from you guys, and definitely will use the search function!

10 hours ago, big Neil said:

G'day Michael and welcome to Fishraider. I live and fish a long way from Sydney but could offer you some advice on catching some fish. Firstly I would say get out on the water often. Target the "bread and butter" fish (Bream, Flathead, Whiting). Bait fishing with prawns or squid should get you some results. Eventually, you will want to try lure fishing and soft plastics are a very successful way to start. Good luck with your fishing and we will all look forward to seeing your reports in the near future. Cheers, bn

Thanks mate! Those are definitely some good tips! I plan to get out real often! At least every weekend! Definitely only going to try for the basic fish first, and see where we get! I do want to get used to and learn how to use lures propertly, but I need to get my head around the different gear, and items out there. There's so much to take in of course.

Lures, I just love the look of the different types, so I own heaps of them, but actually don't know what each are good for! Hopefully will learn soon :) Thanks mate!

9 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Welcome Michael. I’m located in Sydney North West - Castle Hill. Happy to share/ swap fishing and boating experiences.  I wouldn’t consider my self a pro but do ok. 

Cheers

Zoran

Hi Zoran! That's awesome! I work in Castle Hill myself and I live next door, Kellyville! May definitely be in touch sometime for some local tips! Have been trying spots around Berowra and Brooklyn, luckily it's nice and close for us!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello All

long time lurker only recent poster

My name is Jim and I live on Scotland Island in Pittwater, I am out on the water most days October to April when the water heats up and the fishing is on, in the colder months I do my hunting on land with the bow or rifle.

Like a lot of Islanders I run a polycraft and do just about all my fishing from it, I mainly fish Pitty but also head out to the close in reefs and troll down the coast as far as Newport when weather permits.

Might see some of you out there 

Kind Regards 

Jim

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Jimbo1973 said:

Hello All

long time lurker only recent poster

My name is Jim and I live on Scotland Island in Pittwater, I am out on the water most days October to April when the water heats up and the fishing is on, in the colder months I do my hunting on land with the bow or rifle.

Like a lot of Islanders I run a polycraft and do just about all my fishing from it, I mainly fish Pitty but also head out to the close in reefs and troll down the coast as far as Newport when weather permits.

Might see some of you out there 

Kind Regards 

Jim

Welcome to fishraider Jim. 

Good to see you come out of the shadows! I look forward to reading your posts! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Scratchie, last summer was awesome around here with the kings, bonnies and tailor busting up all over the place inside, had some interesting vistors just out from broken bay with big schools of striped tuna turning up at times, had strange catches like spotted mackerel in Pittwater at times also 

 

Just need this cold green water to go away and the nice warm blue water to show then we will be off to the races!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello Fish raiders,

My name is Paul, I am a 40=> year old. i have been fishing since I was a little kid. Been thru lifes ups and down's and now enjoy the simple things in life such fishing and compound bow shooting. When I was a kid about 11 I put a float into a flooded Duck river at Auburn and pulled out a carp half the size of me at about 50 cm. What a shock that was in such a polluted creek. My other PB's are a 1m wobbygong at Port Stephens, 50cm Flathead in the Hawkesbury and 1m Hairtail at Stockton break wall. I have fished mostly around Sydeny and Newcastle. I am looking forward to buying a 3m tinnie in the furure to drift for Flathead, Bream, Hairtail Squid, Shark, Crabs and Jewfish in the Hawkesbury in the coming future. I love the info this sight has to offer. Thank's for having me aboard Fishraider's.

 

Kindest regards Paul.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 28 Guests (See full list)

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      65,394
    • Total Posts
      525,196