Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, my name is Johnny, 36 years old. I have two kids, we lives in the Northern Sydney.

In front of Australia's vast waters, gradually developed fishing has become a new hobby, although the age is not long, but also traveled south to the north, has been to a lot of fishing points, regardless of the catches, only to enjoy the fun of fishing, especially the process of catching, the wonderful feeling of difficult to use language to describe. At the same time, to teach kids fishing, enjoy the outdoor life, this is a wonderful moment.

I usually use bottom fishing, casting, surf fishing, go to the jetty, beach or shore reef and other places, free on weekends. 

I am very lucky to find this forum. I hope to learn more fishing knowledge and meet more friends here.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

Johnny

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

G’day Raiders 

my name is Al, frequently visit fishraider over past year and thought it was finally time to become a member. I currently live in Kurnell and don’t seem to have much luck 😂 hence the handle I chose to go for. Have a 17yr old daughter who loves to join me yak fishing. We often head to the south coast , Burrill lake one of our fav places. We also try to get up to North Haven/ Dunbogan at least once a year , where we always tend to do really well. Well hopefully I’ll get lucky soon and have some posts and pics for everyone. 

Cheers Alan.

Hello Raiders, hows it going! 😁

I'm Steve live in Sydney a Chippy and from the UK been into fishing a fair bit since I got here, but always a stab in the dark. Had a lucky day when I first got my new rod I caught a MackTuna at Gymea baths been "hooked" ever since.

I've been mad obsessed over the last few months since I got my boat. Had some epic days fishing but some BIG donut days recently I think because I'm trying to learn by myself. Hope to learn from you guys, maybe you can show me how to get my first Kingfish I have studied alot and understand the basics and have all the gear.

The missus is getting sick of it now haha be good to meet up and land some hoodlums!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FishyMcFishFace said:

I'm Steve live in Sydney a Chippy and from the UK been into fishing a fair bit since I got here, but always a stab in the dark. Had a lucky day when I first got my new rod I caught a MackTuna at Gymea baths been "hooked" ever since.

I've been mad obsessed over the last few months since I got my boat. Had some epic days fishing but some BIG donut days recently I think because I'm trying to learn by myself. Hope to learn from you guys, maybe you can show me how to get my first Kingfish I have studied alot and understand the basics and have all the gear.

The missus is getting sick of it now haha be good to meet up and land some hoodlums!

Welcome aboard Steve :biggrinthumb:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, FishyMcFishFace said:

welcome to fishraider ! Love the user name haha.

If your looking for advice on where to target kings best be putting up a topic in the fishing chat section. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

I am a keen offshore and landbased Angler. I usually head out over the weekends and travel. 

Here to be a part of the fishing community in Sydney. I post my personal best on insta [at]serendip_pelagics.

I don’t have a boat at the moment but keen to share costs on offshore charter sessions. 

Cheers,

Malik

335CCAA3-45AD-4AA6-84E9-3313390CC769.jpeg

062ACA46-D77C-45E3-8255-1061FBA29081.jpeg

19 hours ago, Malik_Syd said:

Hey Everyone,

I am a keen offshore and landbased Angler. I usually head out over the weekends and travel. 

Here to be a part of the fishing community in Sydney. I post my personal best on insta [at]serendip_pelagics.

I don’t have a boat at the moment but keen to share costs on offshore charter sessions. 

Cheers,

Malik

Welcome to fishraider @Malik_Syd look forward to some posts from you

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

I'm Max from Brazil. Currently living in Rhodes where I can drop my kayak during the weekends for some fishing. 

I've been enjoying to get to know the Australian fishes and learning new techniques and apparatus.

If you're looking for some company to go landbase, on a boat or kayaking, let me know! I'm mostly available on weekends. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2020 at 10:14 PM, MaxSakuma said:

Hi all,

I'm Max from Brazil. Currently living in Rhodes where I can drop my kayak during the weekends for some fishing. 

I've been enjoying to get to know the Australian fishes and learning new techniques and apparatus.

If you're looking for some company to go landbase, on a boat or kayaking, let me know! I'm mostly available on weekends. 

Welcome aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Raiders,

I have been viewing fishraider for a year or so and only just decided to sign up. I am a 17yo male and a keen fisherman from the sydney area. I have fished for many different species and these are (my) best catches (probably nothing compared to yours)- 94cm jew, 96cm kingfish, among many other kings n jews and species such as sharks, flatties, bream, squid etc. I have loved fishing ever since i was about 5 and go every chance i get.  I go 50%boat based and 50%land based. I use the sydney harbour, hawkesbury and pittwater systems.

Edited by JAKSShark
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JAKSShark said:

Hello Raiders,

I have been viewing fishraider for a year or so and only just decided to sign up. I am a 17yo male and a keen fisherman from the sydney area. I have fished for many different species and these are (my) best catches (probably nothing compared to yours)- 94cm jew, 96cm kingfish, among many other kings n jews and species such as sharks, flatties, bream, squid etc. I have loved fishing ever since i was about 5 and go every chance i get.  I go 50%boat based and 50%land based. I use the sydney harbour, hawkesbury and pittwater systems.

Welcome to the forum JAK.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Raiders

Long time watching of Fish Raider, joined last year and first post today.

Originally from Ryde, lived in Castle Hill for 30+ years when married,  and now live at Horsfield Bay on the Central Coast and working on fishing locations around the area. 

I have fished all my life, originally introduced by my uncle (professional fisho) and spending holidays with him at the Spit, Clontarf, in Sydney and heading out each day at 5am to pick up his fish traps in Middle Harbour, back by 9am, then spending the day catching bream, leatherjacket and the like rowing around in his tender. Have tried many forms of fishing over the years, both boat and land based  .. all a challenge and enjoyable. 

More recent years, get out wide in the boat after bigger challengers - kingies, blue-eyed, … and being retired just keep an eye on the weather to plan the next trip 🙂 .

Could tell you more, but might have to keep that to another time .. So that's a quick Hi .. 

Cheers

Warren

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fishingwazza2019 said:

Could tell you more, but might have to keep that to another time .. So that's a quick Hi .. 

Cheers

Warren

Welcome to the site Warren. I’m sure as a long time fisherman, you have a few stories you could tell. Look forward to them! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

2 hours ago, Fishingwazza2019 said:

Hi Raiders

Long time watching of Fish Raider, joined last year and first post today.

Originally from Ryde, lived in Castle Hill for 30+ years when married,  and now live at Horsfield Bay on the Central Coast and working on fishing locations around the area. 

I have fished all my life, originally introduced by my uncle (professional fisho) and spending holidays with him at the Spit, Clontarf, in Sydney and heading out each day at 5am to pick up his fish traps in Middle Harbour, back by 9am, then spending the day catching bream, leatherjacket and the like rowing around in his tender. Have tried many forms of fishing over the years, both boat and land based  .. all a challenge and enjoyable. 

More recent years, get out wide in the boat after bigger challengers - kingies, blue-eyed, … and being retired just keep an eye on the weather to plan the next trip 🙂 .

Cheers

Warren

Welcome aboard Warren, sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge, look forward to seeing more reports & hopefully learning a thing or 2 from you as well :biggrinthumb:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi my name is Joseph.

I joined this forum looking to get back into recreational fishing after a long break.  First, a bit of a back story - Grew up in the southern suburbs of Sydney, around Botany Bay.  As a kid I got my Shimano 5 foot solid glass fishing rod with those horrid brown reels which I think every kid had growing up in the 70’s.   My late Dad would take me fishing around the Botany Bay Area.  In my early teens me and my school mates used to fish regularly around Ramsgate, Brighton, Monterey using frozen prawns taking the occasional bream to take home to mum and dad.

Then puberty hit and fishing went way down the order of importance compared to girls, cars and music.  Time passed – uni, career and started my own family, blessed with two beautiful boys, so I tried to get them into fishing more as an excuse for me to wet a line again.  But sadly, they’d rather play Nintendo.  Even though we often fished on family holidays and they had a ball, they lost all interest when they hit their early teens.

However, about that same time me and my closest mates started to have annual getaways down the Snowy Mountains and scare a few trout, certainly not catch many, but that was hardly the point really.  There was something serene walking a river and casting small spinning lures, seemingly in the middle of nowhere.  Unfortunately, collectively family and career stuff got in the way and those trips fizzled. 

Fast forward to today, finally the kids are off our hands and I'm looking to wind back the intensity of my work and spending more time with my hobbies (cars, music, travel).  This includes getting back into recreational fishing.  Even though I was never really good at fishing but sometimes it's nice to just to getaway from the world and just fish, I enjoy the serenity.  

My intention Is to explore the local waterways especially those close to my home, which is the Inner West of Sydney.   I am land based with no interest in boating.   Looking forward to chase down some bream as they were my go to fish all those years ago as a kid.  Also, me and the Lads have spoken about reviving our annual Snowy Mountain fishing trips – once the world gets back to some sort of normality. 

I have already read some interesting forum threads with great advice.  Really want to get into lures with light gear. 

I have a ton of questions & looking forward to some much needed advice. 

Edited by OttoVu
  • Like 1

Good day all,

I just found this site today while researching places to catch a Murray Cod. It is a dream of mine. My brother in law lives in Wheeler Heights and we plan to visit from Upstate,  NY in the US. I loved our first visit in 2008 and even though I fished off the rocks and in Narabeen Lake, I didn't catch much but hope to when we visit again. My name is Brandon and I live in Upstate NY. I teach science, tie flies, I wrote a children's book about Atlantic salmon, I have a wonderful wife, and she supports my fishing addiction. I have been fishing since I could walk. I mainly fly fish for trout these days but love to catch any fish anywhere that I go. (usually on a fly but when I fished near Wheeler Heights the fish were too smart for my flies :)

20180212_163638.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Brandon H said:

Good day all,

I just found this site today while researching places to catch a Murray Cod. It is a dream of mine. My brother in law lives in Wheeler Heights and we plan to visit from Upstate,  NY in the US. I loved our first visit in 2008 and even though I fished off the rocks and in Narabeen Lake, I didn't catch much but hope to when we visit again. My name is Brandon and I live in Upstate NY. I teach science, tie flies, I wrote a children's book about Atlantic salmon, I have a wonderful wife, and she supports my fishing addiction. I have been fishing since I could walk. I mainly fly fish for trout these days but love to catch any fish anywhere that I go. (usually on a fly but when I fished near Wheeler Heights the fish were too smart for my flies :)

20180212_163638.jpg

Welcome aboard Brandon.

A few of the guys here live in Murray cod country, one is @big Neil & you may have very well been reading some of his posts?

That's a cracker you have there :biggrinthumb:

Enjoy the site.

Hi Brandon from the Us of A. Welcome to Fishraider. No doubt you have done some research on the site and know a little about Murray Cod, the largest freshwater species found in Australia. Fly fishing for them is not a usual way to catch them but they are prolific in the areas they frequent. The best time to catch them is during the Summer and Spring (December 1st to end of March.) 

If you find time to visit Australia (after the Covid pandemic) I would be happy to take you out and put you onto some Murray Cod.

Feel free to contact when the world returns to normality. Cheers, bn

InA welcome back of sorts.

was an active member a while back, sold my boat, had kids, a business life in general. But my youngest is a keen fisherman, As are my older two and I’m keen to get back into it. We’re lucky enough to have a jetty at out Place we can fish off, and a boat will be coming shortly.

still my best fish was a solid tuna on a charter with sordwie a few years back. 

Is Tapatalk not supported anymore? How do people access these days ?

E550D294-8037-4E32-B855-910269FC40B0.jpeg

3DC26332-5371-4D9D-A926-ACDB31B737A2.jpeg

0711443C-C882-46B1-89BA-3AED707A3608.jpeg

A3A3E904-92E4-4B73-B6B2-B2DAA4A0237E.jpeg