Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hi Guys

My name is Rochelle Bialous aka Queenfish.

I have recently become a member of fishraider, so a little about myself I am a 26 year old Female Fisho from Minchinbury, who has been fishing since I was knee high to a grasshopper. :1fishing1:

I have always enjoyed fishing, but more so now that my husband Michael & I have had our own small twinfisher for a couple of years now.

We enjoy going fishing in middle harbour Kingfish PB 6kg or up the Hawkesbury River for some nice Jews PB 8kg and over 1m. I have also recently taken to going freshwater fishing for some trout & bass etc. Unfortunately the best PB for the Rainbow trout is my Husbands at 56cm and 2.5kg.

I am looking forward to meeting lot's of fishraiders.

Will post some photos and reports shortly, as it is i have just posted this at work, better get back to it or won't have a job. :05:

Queenfish

:1welcomeani: to the site Rochelle.

Looking forward to some great reports from you.

Gee...the female fisho population on Fishraider is growing very well...good to see.

Some very nice PB's there too.

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by MallacootaPete

My family and I love to get out and fish. My wife seems to catch all the fish while I support tying rigs - driving the boat - and cleaning the catch.

We love the Hawkesbury and have been heading out there for nearly 6 years straight.

Fishing is one of those things you can do with the whole family while chatting over a beer with new friends - cant think of anything better!!

Happy boating and happy fishing!

Edited by Andy Loops

• 1 month later...

hi fishraiders my name is peter [luderick59] started manly wharf catching slimeys 50years ago fished mostly rock and beach along the northern beaches targeting jew snapper pb jew 32kg snapper 7.5kg the last 5yrs i have fished for blackies :thumbup: can,t get enough wish i had fished for them20 yrs ago such a underrated fish i fish narra lake also blackies flathead jew [see album] mainly mona vale rocks for :thumbup: blackies pigs bream i have my own buisness[floorsanding] but fish more than i should. i have a lovely :wife: 2grown up kids :1prop: coudent be :yahoo: happier so glad ijoined fishraider happy :1fishing1: everyone peterb

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody,

Just a quick note about myself. I have been fishing since I care to remember having grown up on the Georges River. My main passion is bluewater, as would be evident from my first post- Yellowfin at Browns. I enjoy all aspects of fishing, from bluewater to fishing Port Hacking, pumping nippers for whiting with the kids in summer to chasing Marlin and Tuna out wide. The fact of being on the water is enjoyment itself, catching fish can often be an enjoyable by-product. The most exciting part is teaching and watching the enjoyment the kids get out of fishing.

The old boy ran a 28ft Bertram out of BBGFC for a couple of years. These days the 5m Stacer is the family boat (just right for the kids and I), but I have a garage full of 30lb and 50lb gear waiting for the opportunity!!!. If anyone wants experienced crew for a trip - fished interclubs, etc and have all own gear, rods, lures, etc, etc would appreciate the opportunity to crew or share my experience with keen bluewater fishos. :1fishing1:

Particularly been enjoying reading the reports, experiences and guidance offered to members from very experienced fishos.

Great site and well maintained.

Cheers,

Rabs. :beersmile:

Hi all fishraiders i am new to this site spent many years on another site my name is Ray i live in glenmore park near penrith i have been fishing since i was ten years old im now a ripe old 40 i have owned 4 boats but my newest one is a 2005 stejcraft monarco which i purchased new in 2005 its a 6.44 meter fibreglass half cabin which is quite a good offshore boat i fish out of botany bay i am allways looking for extras as a lot of my fisho friends dont like the offshore fishing

:beersmile:

Ok you asked for it and here it is

User name Aussie big bob

The reason for the user name is because I am Aussie big bob my current weight is 129kg of the fiercest

Fishing machine that you will every see. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

No just kidding about the fiercest fishing machine but I do love fishing, fishing and fishing. :yahoo::yahoo:

And if I could do it every day then I would. :1fishing1::1fishing1:

and I was not joking about the weight :074::074:

Cheers

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

So - thought I'd better introduce myself.

Name's Mike. 30 YO, Married, kid on the way (which means worried about losing out on fishing time, and very excited to be training up a new fisherperson).

Grew up fishing flathead. I live in Sydney, but often holiday down Crookhaven Heads, and enjoy fishing that area. Have access to a boat, and trying to push my fishing from bream and flathead, to Kingfish - and eventually Dollys, Tuna and the ultimate - Marlin - all of which have been caught at the Banks (which is off Crookhaven Heads/Jervis Bay.

Anyway - I've been loving the stories and pics on this site - and loving the local nature (I live in Botany Bay area). I think you've all convinced me I need to learn how to catch Jewies.

Mike

:1fishing1 Hi all Im Brad,

Im a carpenter/builder and keen but (lately lousy fisherman).I have a 23ft huntsman moored at BW.I also have a beautiful partner who shares my love of fishing/boating (will work on her joining FR down the track so she wont hog the computer at this time as i want to learn all the hidden details of this site before her heiness :wife: We have been pretty disappointed with the hawkesbury lately so have decided to put the 9.9hp in for a service,wack it on the tinnie and have a go somewhere else (any suggestions or GPS marks greatly appreciated)Looking forward to my first post hopefully with fish pics in the near future!!!

Good Luck to anyone wetting a line this weekend (I have to work on the beast.(The Boat that is not the :wife:

Brad

Gday my names Rob Im 39 married with two boys 7 and 2.We live in the hills area of sydney,our boat is moored at Brooklyn so most of our time is spent on the h/bury pittwater brissiewater area,Love fishin especially game fishin my PB is a black marlin of 150kg on 24 standup at Pt stephens (what a day)Any way the boat is a 35 bertram called On the Rampage if you see us give us a wave or say hi cheers Rob :beersmile::1fishing1::05:

Gday my names Rob Im 39 married with two boys 7 and 2.We live in the hills area of sydney,our boat is moored at Brooklyn so most of our time is spent on the h/bury pittwater brissiewater area,Love fishin especially game fishin my PB is a black marlin of 150kg on 24 standup at Pt stephens (what a day)Any way the boat is a 35 bertram called On the Rampage if you see us give us a wave or say hi cheers Rob :beersmile::1fishing1::05:

Welcome to the fishraider family Rob

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

G'day all,

My name's Barry aka Mrwooley, age 52 and I live in the suburb of Mount Annan. My interests are fishing, camping, motorcycles/quad bikes & model trains, not in any order of preference. I've been fishing since about 7 or 8 years old, at which time my best mate and I used to wag school to go fishing at the old ferry wharf under Gladesville Bridge. As my best mates no longer with us, it brings back great memories every time I drive over that bridge.

I have a 14 year old son who enjoys fishing and wake boarding, so I make a concerted effort to get us out on the water at least once a month. I love his company and wish to make the most of it while he still wants to associate with his dad. They grow up too quick!

Hope to catch up with some of you either on the water somewhere or at the next social, on the Bay.

Regards,

Barry.

G'day all,

My name's Barry aka Mrwooley, age 52 and I live in the suburb of Mount Annan. My interests are fishing, camping, motorcycles/quad bikes & model trains, not in any order of preference. I've been fishing since about 7 or 8 years old, at which time my best mate and I used to wag school to go fishing at the old ferry wharf under Gladesville Bridge. As my best mates no longer with us, it brings back great memories every time I drive over that bridge.

I have a 14 year old son who enjoys fishing and wake boarding, so I make a concerted effort to get us out on the water at least once a month. I love his company and wish to make the most of it while he still wants to associate with his dad. They grow up too quick!

Hope to catch up with some of you either on the water somewhere or at the next social, on the Bay.

Regards,

Barry.

Welcome to you Barry and your family - hope to see you at the social

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hi. My name is Byron and I'm jewgaffer. I am a very open guy and can't say it all in a few paragraphs.

I like to say it as it is without saying what one shouldn't say. However I'm going to open up a little more in this post as I believe the purpose of this topic is really to get to know other members for times when we chat, have fun and fish together. After all we are all keen fishermen and that is why we became members.

I am not a private withdrawing guy, there's no future in that and I am not a self centred know all bloke, there's no future in that either.

I joined Fishraider in June 05. Didn't read many articles and didn't do a topic or even a single post untill June this year and Stewy reminded me of that when we talked at the time.

In this post I will do my best, still I am a somewhat computer illiterate and a one finger typist as well.

I am astounded at the difference in this fishing site in the short time of 24 months. There is a wealth of fishing knowledge, general knowledge and good friendships to be had.

That is really what a fishing site should be all about.

The quality of Fishraider and its members is second to none.

For the information of new members and guests, Members of Fishraider include men and women from professional backgrounds such as Doctors, Lawyers, University Graduates, Academics, Teachers, Theologists, Clergymen, Councillors. Consultants, Computor Experts, Businessmen and Women, Builders,Demolition Men, Cab drivers and ordinary Working Class folk, Retirees, Pensioners, Disabled Persons, Old Folk, House Wives, Young Folk and even Little Kids.

Members of Fishraider include Commercial Fishermen, Charter Boat Operartors, Tournament Fishermen, and Fishing Journalists and we have an excellent team of helpful and supportive Sponsors.

Since July this year when I become more involved in Fishraider I have fished with a Lawyer/Barrister, a GPS School teacher, a Graphic Arts Consultant, a Demolition Man, and Stewy who is a Human Furnace Room Temperature Guage, I think he said.

I haven't lost my common touch and will give my time to any member of Fishraider if they are good people and keen fishermen wanting more experience.

I had a heavy fall, backbone fractures and a back rebuild and I often need new people to help with the trailer, will fish all day, and welll into the following day if they're on.

I have two boats, a Mustang Centre Console tri hull and a little Eage Ray tri hull.

I am fine all round the boat and fishing and my sense of humour makes me forget the back pain especially when good jew are bending rods all over the place and I must say there's been a fair bit of pain for all of us in getting good fishing results in Sydney this winter.

I really enjoy fishing and helping others get better results instead of just going out enjoying the water, fishing for hours on end and coming home with very little.

I have been married to my soul mate Shirley for 42 years and we have two sons, two daughters and seven grand children.

I was born in Cowra on the Lachlan River before Hector was a pup and all hell broke loose just shortly after, with World War 2 in Europe and Pearl Harbour in Hawaii.

My dad was a part time freshwater commercial fishermen in Cowra and I have fished the Lachlan as far as the Willandra Billabong west of Hillston. They were the golden years of Murray Cod and fish such as perch as some of our country members will remember.

Being a Commercial Fisherman Sea Captain from a tiny Greek Island off the coast of Turkey where his ancestors were commercial fishermen, where the only income was fishing, my dad naturally taught me, being his only son, how to fish.

My dad was an honest man, never contemplated gill nets which he saw as a cheating and cruel method which traps fish in a whole part of a river and we only used hooks and lines and crayfish traps.

My dad supplied the Greek cafes in Cowra, the Golden Key and the Garden Of Roses and other Greek cafes in nearby towns. My dad was the caterer for Cowra Racing Club and the opening of Wyangla dam. My mum was a country woman from the Northern Rivers with a farming background.

We had fully settled in Sydney and by 1952 my dad, though having other interests such as home made chocolate manufacture, continued fishing and supplying Greek cafes, restaurants and Greek clubs who preferred the more sought after Hawkesbury jewfish and other good table varieties. I worked for my dad and my duties included being my dad's fishing assistant, the net and gaff boy.

After being educated at Sydney Grammar where I won the Parents and Citizens French Prize and the Farrar English Prize in 1954, I dropped out of mathematics and bought Sydney taxi cabs at the rate of one, two and another cab in partnership with a friend.

Being in Sydney cabs for almost 30 yrears, l feel free being an ocker at times and I enjoy being friendly, good hearted and natural.

I sold the cabs and bought a Cue Sports, Snooker and Amusement centre where I had professional players as resident coaches for clients and wayward kids, and I am proud of the fact that many were later to play in black vests and bow ties.

The late Eddie Charlton A.M. put on exhibitions on the premises. My business had a lot of media interest.

My younger son Paul was chosen in a team to represent Australia in Las Vegas for three years in a row.

He was in the building game and now is The Australian Distributor of mini bass boats which he imports from the U.S.A., is an experienced Jew fishermen and of course is into bream, bass and freshwater fishing.

My Cue Sports Centre was chosen as a venue for social interaction for groups of Catholic and Public High School students and teachers, as well as the MS Society groups, Church groups, Senior Citizens and other similiar groups.

Before I joined Fishraider I was a member of a Qld based fishing site as I travelled away up north to Ballina about four times a year and also to QLD to places like Gold Coast, Goondiwindi, Warwick and Yellarbon.

My preference is naturally the Hawkesbury, but I also fish Sydney Harbour, the Georges River Bridges and mainly Dolans Bay for squid and Burraneer Bay when fishing in Port Hacking an sometimes other coastal areas near an far.

My mates are among the best in the country in the fishing game. My connections are mainly in Ballina and they include Jimmy Bowers who used to work for me and is the fishing tutor of our friends the young gun Jakjayno1 from Kingscliff a relatively new Fishraider, pictured with the Giant 21.8 kg Trevally etc in one of my recent fishing topics, and the young gun of Ballina and Lennox Head Phil "fish kill" Scott.

Jimmy is also Stewys, former brother in law and a lifelong fishing mate. Jimmy is a manager for my other connection in Ballina, Noel Porter, a commercial fisherman, prawn farmer and the owner of Ballina fishing farm, a man made park which farms species including snapper, flathead, mullet, whiting, jewfish, bream, prawns and crabs and is a very interesting place in which to spend weeks on end as I do.

Oh I almost forgot my star helper is little Byron, Fishraider member Little Jewgaffer aged 10, who is my little deckie mate, my right hand man and my 24/7 livie catcher.

Fishraider is the best fishing site and that is the jewgaffer story.

Cheers

Jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Edited by jewgaffer

My names James,I'm about to hit 40 in a couple of months and have been fishing for just on 2 years now.

Never thought much about fishing till we went away about 4 yrs ago to Nelson Bay with another family who's dad was a keen fisho and bought up some rods for the kids to fish...didn't think much of it other than the kids were having fun and I was merely a bystander whilst the other dad rigged them up and baited them up etc...

Then 2 yrs ago during the school holidays my youngest daughter asked if we could go fishing...she said she really liked it and was dying to have another go at it...so I ventured to my local tackle shop and bought a couple of cheap rods $25 and off we went...

The flukey thing that she is caught a thumper bream and we were addicted from then. My local where I drink had a fishing club and the fishos had been harrasing me to join and partake so I did...

2 years down the track we are no longer novices and have been taught a lot and have had some great fun fishing together and competing in our fishing comps...Cassie has won the juniors and Ladies and is on her way to repeat it this year as well as possibly take out the overall estuary section...we fish with 2 rods each and apparently her bait tastes better according to the fish... :mad3:

I was taken down to the beach one night last year to be taught beach fishing by our club president and ended up putting a 6"0 size hook thru his calf hence they nicknamed me Capt Hook in our club.He still has the scars.I'm proud I got the top dog of our club and am now aiming for the treasurer... :074:

I am hooked on Blackies now after Roberta's and Roostermans tutorials and it feels like I'm starting all over again with this new type of fishing.

This is a great and imformative site to learn about fishing and techniques.

Tight Lines...

Cheers from Me and Cassie

Edited by Capt Hook

• 1 month later...

Hi, My name is Anthony Badr and I am 27 years old and working as an electrical engineer in the city.. I am born and bred in Georges Hall and i have been fishing since the age of 5. My first experience of fishing is fishing with my cousins at kelso park on the georges river. Back then when my cousins started fishing, it was using the long pole rods and fishing for mullet, bream and whiting. While growing up i tried to go fishing as much as i can, though it was very hard to get out most of the time, especially when i was younger. Now that i am able to go fishing when and where i want i try to get out as much as i can but with work/uni/girlfriend committments i dont go out as much as i like. Im happy to go fishing whenever and whereever, and if i cant someone to go with i will go by myself. I enjoy being out near the water and giving it a go... and if i catch a fish even better!!!! :-) I have mostly been fishing the georges river, though recently i have been travelling down to botany bay in my new boat, and also been trying the harbour and port hacking (which i havent had much luck with thus far). I hope to do more fishing now that i have the boat but its just a struggle to find time to go on the water...

I enjoy reading the live fishing report articles, hearing a good fishing story and seeing pics is just as good as catching the fish yourself!!! :-)

Thanks

Anthony Badr

• 2 weeks later...

hi to all my name is clifford aka "no-regrets" i live in the nothern beachs were i do most of my fishing in sydney harbour on my boat with my mate known as fishlexic to raiders. I injoy all types of fishing as long as we are catching but i am looking foward to hunting down my first marlin this year, i lost a few last year but thats the way it goes. I do a bit of traveling for work so i have the joy of fishing a few of the fantastic beaches and inlets up and down the coast of nsw. I work as a sign maintinace crew cleaning toyota signs, regards no-regrets

• 4 weeks later...

Hi my name is Lex...

Im new to fishing. Ive been around with friends and family that fish, but didn't really had many goes myself...

I love water sports and boating, I've been doing that for years, but never really tried fishing. Never to late to start though is it? :P

Im 23 years old and a plasterer by trade.

Hope to see you all out there..... :fisher:

• 1 month later...

Hi all Raiders!!!

I use here name JaniFIN, and suprise suprise, my name is Jani :1prop: . I joined about 2 years a go, but find this part of forum just now. I live in Finland and i have a serious plan come to Australia year 2009 ( and why not after that too) with my girlfrend (we have plan travel route: Home-Thailand-Australia-NZ-Fidzi-Thailand-Home ) . I born 70' s (1979) but i dont remember Beatles best times . I am that guy how drive you grazy for strange english writing and srange questions (my home town is Outokumpu and it mean Strange hill)

I did work over 6 year Finnish Border guard service, 3.5 years Patrol on Russian border and 2.5 immigration. I was bored that job and i did take quit 1.5 years a go. Now i working in tunnel/mining job, dynamiter ext ext. in Sweden.

I have fishing from 5 yers old. I start, we sayd "worm fishing" (bait is live worm) and ice fishing. Most i like fishing trouts or other powerful fishes on small rivers or lakes, with light equipments, but couple of years a go i find sea fishing. We havent big sea in here, so we have to go fishing in Norway. Sea fishing is funny, becouse you have chance get bigger fishes, and strange fishes, like " Marulk" .

Other my hobbies is hunting, and some sports sometimes...maby...when i am not too lazy :blush: , travelling, watching sports and snorkeling. Sometimes i like make food, like barbique in summer. I am interesting geography, languages and differend cultures. Some day i hope, that i get own small fishing boat :1boat: Computer is it not my favorite Hobby because i cant use it .That is it reasen why i not put pics to forum :throw:

I have to say BIIIG thanks for this Fishraider sites. I have get good tips for fishing in Australia, i learn write better english, people have been nice and friendly ext ext. I really wait that day when i come there :flying: , and maby meet some of you, maby lots of :1fishing1: maby less :drunk: . Only what i afraid is, that i dont want come back frozen Finland from your sunny Australia. ???????????

Tight lines for everybody

Jani

Ahhhhhhhhhh Jani ,its great to have you on our forums and a pleasure to read your posts.

Your english typing always gives me a laugh and soon you will have your picture posting right up there with everyone else.

I cant wait to meet you in person in 2009 :yahoo:

Cheers Stewy

Gday everyone,

My names Dane. Im a 27 year old OHS Manager in construction. I was born and bred in Dubbo and went to Uni in Newcastle for a few years before ending up down here in Newtown. Im an avid live music enthusiast and DJ semi regularly at a mates club night in the city. I also play Rugby Union in the Sydney Subbies rugby competition over the wrong side of the Harbour at Lane Cove and can see myself propping up scrums for quite a few more years. I used to fish growing up with Dad when we went up to Lennox Head for hollidays. I always loved wetting the line with Dad but never had any gear of my own so most things that Dad taught me 10-20 years ago have been forgotten. Last year I kitted myself out with a bit of gear (estuary suited stuff), a license and have found myself a fishing buddy too. Neither of us know much about what we are doing (although, I know a fair bit less than him!) but are keen to get amongst it and learn as much as we can. At the moment we are basically working on trial and error and are really just finding our feet.

Thanks to some advice from other fishraiders we had a great morning last Sunday down at Lilli Pilli, and although neither of us actually got anything we were pretty stoked to have a few decent bites to at least show us that we must've been doing somethin right!

Hi my name is tony kain. i will be going on a fishing trip tomorrow it is a birthday gift from my beautiful wife...she is so pretty. i am looking foward to being a part of this fishing club. :1fishing1: i hope i catch a biggie!! cheers, tony.

Welcome to Fishraider Tony :thumbup: I look forward to reading many posts of your fishing trips. Its good to hear that your beautiful wife got you a fishing trip for tomorrow.

Its even better that she looks beautiful!

I have been married a long while Tony, and my wife would certainly look beautiful if she brought me a fishing trip too ! :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Stumpy.