Allow Me To Introduce Myself

mrsswordfisherman

Hi my name is Adam (Yes another Adam)

I am 36 and have been fishing for a few years now (got started/interested as a kid but was never really properly taught etc so I have been doing some fast learning over the last few years)... Mainly only shore fishing as I dont have a boat :mad3: but am hoping to rectify that when the Minister of Finance (wife) releases some money back my way!!!

Most of my previous shore fishing has been hooking up Bream, Flatties, Leather Jacket etc

I am trying to learn some new styles of fishing and thought this site would be a great place to meet some new ppl with different fishing experiences as well as pic up some great tips/info from the forums!

I am currently venturing into beach fishing (am actually heading out tommorrow morning early) hopefully I will have a successful report and some piccys for everyone tommorrow evening, though could be nasty as this will only be my 2nd attempt at Beach Fishing and my first use of my new Alvey reel and Beach rod setup that I bought the other day... (never used an Alvey before so it could be a humorous morning)

SO far the site has been an informative read and everyone seems really friendly so I am expecting to be a regular reader and hopefully contributer to the site.

Good Fishing All!!! :thumbup:

:1welcomeani: to fishraider Adam and looking forward to reading your fishing reports

mrsswordie

Hi all

My name is Ciaran (Kieran spelled the Irish way)

I'm 31, born and bred on Sydney's northern beaches and grew up fishing all around the area.

After a 10 year hiatus, the bug has bitten me hard and nowadays I fish every chance I get, mainly land based off the rocks, beaches and around Narrabeen Lake and the harbour.

I've joined Fishraider to hopefully meet like-minded people, learn as much i can to catch bigger and better fish and maybe even pass on some of my (somewhat limited at this stage)knowledge!

It's inspiring to read all the reports, too! :thumbup:

Hope to see you out there :1fishing1:

Ciaran

Edited by BadHabit

Hi all

My name is Ciaran (Kieran spelled the Irish way)

I'm 31, born and bred on Sydney's northern beaches and grew up fishing all around the area.

After a 10 year hiatus, the bug has bitten me hard and nowadays I fish every chance I get, mainly land based off the rocks, beaches and around Narrabeen Lake and the harbour.

I've joined Fishraider to hopefully meet like-minded people, learn as much i can to catch bigger and better fish and maybe even pass on some of my (somewhat limited at this stage)knowledge!

It's inspiring to read all the reports, too! :thumbup:

Hope to see you out there :1fishing1:

Ciaran

Welcome aboard Ciaran,

You will meet heaps of like minded people on here.

And all knowledge is good knowledge.

Hope the fishing goes well.

Will

HEY! my name is Sara as promised by Rafinx to Mrsswordfisherman, I have joined the site as the next female in a male dominated sport, tho I have an excellent teacher, that is always teaching me new things and has gotten me away from all those little snappers and breams. :), Anyways ill be hoping to catch my first Jewfish now that my boyfriend has got one, he said he didnt want to be greedy, so I cant wait to post my first report on it.

I mostly catch the squid out of the too of us, And so far ive learnt to catch/target, Leather jackets, Yellow tails, Larger breams, Mullets and Tailors. But yeah squidding is my favorite.

Anyways happy fishing -Sara

Edited by Sara

HEY! my name is Sara as promised by Rafinx to Mrsswordfisherman, I have joined the site as the next female in a male dominated sport, tho I have an excellent teacher, that is always teaching me new things and has gotten me away from all those little snappers and breams. :), Anyways ill be hoping to catch my first Jewfish now that my boyfriend has got one, he said he didnt want to be greedy, so I cant wait to post my first report on it.

I mostly catch the squid out of the too of us, And so far ive learnt to catch/target, Leather jackets, Yellow tails, Larger breams, Mullets and Tailors. But yeah squidding is my favorite.

Anyways happy fishing -Sara

Welcome to fr Sara, looking forward to reading your reports. You can do anything the men can :biggrin2: including catching a jewfish, not that hard you just have to enjoy sitting out on a boat all night :1yikes:

Cheers mrsswordie

G'day fellow Raiders,

My name is Martyn & I'm a 50 yr old newbie.

I've fished all my life but mainly coarse fishing (freshwater) in the UK. The idea of targeting fish in large estuaries, bays and beach was alien to me but in recent years with my very keen 15yr old son egging me on we have been on many a trip with somewhat limited success.

We are now looking to get into our first boat to get to some of the larger fish. So if any of you "old sea dogs" have any tips, tricks or advise as to types of boat to aim for feel free to make your suggestions. I am living in the Southern Highlands so we mainly fish the Illawarra/Shoalhaven areas.

Congratulations on a fabulous forum & look forward to catching up with you all on the water. :thumbup:

Hi all, my name's Lorryn and I have just discovered the joys of fishing in the last 12 months. I've recently moved to Eleebana on Lake Macquarie and am having a lot of fun jetty and rock fishing. Looking forward to learning a lot from those more experienced. thanks for allowing me to join the forum. :)

May as well introduce myself, my names Ali, 23 yo., White Quintrex Estuary Angler 4.1

Have been fishing for over 13 years now, started off at cooks river, then got into the drummrs and blackfish, then learnt how to catch beach worms and started fishing kurnell and Cronulla, at one stage we were catching 1kg whiting off cronulla one after the other, these looked like fish on roids.

Then me and the old man bought a boat, just a 4.1 quintrex but perfect for the bay, i remember when we usd to go out years ago we would set anchor usually off 3rd runway or the drums and there would always be something biting withing 2 minutes. Sorry to say he passed away 3 years ago and i hadn't taken our boat out since. after gettin her serviced reg'd and ready i've been trying my luck under sylvania bridge and around the bay for the past week, managed one jewie so far, may try the runway again one night soon, or molly point for some kingy action!

And a big thankyou to the guy who helped me out at the ramp on loop rd if your on here, i usually beach the boat while i park the car, at low tide the sand turns into mud that you will sink a foot under as we both learnt the hard way haha!

Edited by taleb87

Hi Im Fishark aka Kemal im married and have two kids my Daughter is 6 this year and my son is 3 he loves fishing but hates noise so im stuck between a rock and hard place cause the etec is too loud ????????

I have a fishing partner that is out of action hence the reason for sidelined fishing ATM !!!

I have a Hanies Signature 1750LE powered by a 115 Etec :thumbup:

I love fishing but dont do enough !!!!

See ya all on the water !!!!

Hi Im Fishark aka Kemal im married and have two kids my Daughter is 6 this year and my son is 3 he loves fishing but hates noise so im stuck between a rock and hard place cause the etec is too loud ????????

I have a fishing partner that is out of action hence the reason for sidelined fishing ATM !!!

I have a Hanies Signature 1750LE powered by a 115 Etec :thumbup:

I love fishing but dont do enough !!!!

See ya all on the water !!!!

Welcome to the site mate,

Have fun and catch lots!

Hi Guys,

Have been trolling the web for a decent forum to join and hey presto here i am :)

I'm a 34yo male who spends most of his fishing time on the rocks or the estuaries, haven't really done much boating as yet and want to save that for later on when a kid pops into existance.

My main hangs are down south way in the Illawarra and the months gone by have been spectacular.

Hope to see some of you out and about.

Trung.

Hi All

Great site and great ppl here as well.

I have been here a little while but ive done more reading then posting lol.

I prettywell love all fishing except rock ( hate the walk in lol ) I prefer to target Jew in the estuaries and Kings when around blue water but still enjoy the good ole bread and butter fish like bream ,flattys etc.

I know and love the waters west of the Harbour bridge very very well but since its a polluted fishing no go zone :( my fishing has come to a bit of a stand still until i get a bigger boat to head straight past the bridge to the heads and beyond . :)

Edited by Macnaz

Greetings all,

After a long absence from fishing I've managed to take it up again during these latest uni holidays and it is incredibly addictive!

Didn't have much patience for it as a child but I can definitely see myself fishing long into the future.

As far as locations go I've only been fishing (landbased) at the Cpt. Cook Bridge so far but hopefully that will change in the future if I ever do get around to getting my P's.

Looking forward to covering every inch of this forum to learn as much as I can .

Cheers,

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys my names Michael. 27 from south west sydney area , Im a train driver and love my job cause i get alot of time off being shift work so i get to go fishing alot ... a few times a week usually. I dont have a boat so all land based for me , hopefully Ill get a boat once I buy a house in 2 - 3 months ... Gotta get priorities right :)

Already found a tonne of useful info so far . I love fishing , what can i say !! '

all the best guys

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I've recently joined this forum, been reading more than anything (coz i dont really have anything value to add)and I thought my first post would be a quick intro and to say HI!

Name is Helen, mid 20's, from sth west sydney, real keen fisher!

I've grew up fishing with dad - dad fished while mum cooks, sister and I would try to catch baby fish with a cup haha

dad would pack us all up in a car and we head north, he loved catching bream / snapper and tailor. Had great memories of younger days and fishing.

I've always loved fishing but never had my own equipment to do so until xmas last year I finally brought my first rod and reel. Never looked back.

I've been fishing every weekend since... no joke. I also brought my bf a rod and now he LOVES to fish aswell.

We mainly fish off the rocks using pillies and just over the weekend I've landed my first kingfish (yellowtail) PB - 64cm. It was a great achievement for me! :yahoo:

I've really enjoy reading others post and learn alot more about fishing and hopefully meet a few peeps from here... Would love to land a jewie one day or a bigger kingfish!!!

Thanks for reading

Edited by Fishie

Hey Guys,

My names Nick im from sydney. My favourite fishing is flathead.

I don't own a boat but went out on a charter not long ago and caught a 5kg bonito trolling in botany bay a few bream and a big 70cm flatty.

I normally go fishing at yarra bay out the front of the sailing club with soft plastics for flathead. Does anyone have some tips or good spots around the eastern suburbs :1fishing1:

Hello all, my name is Bob....I'm a sheep farmer the in Central West NSW and a long time fly fisherman. As a young teenager (many, many years ago) in the Eastern suburbs of Sydney I did a lot of rock and beach fishing, mainly around Maroubra, Little Bay and Malabar, Yellow Rock etc. After a long time away from the salt, I have returned to the source. I have a place on the Central Coast (Kincumber), and am looking forward to terrorizing the local population of tailor, bream etc with a newly purchased beach/rock outfit (Wilson MT6144 and Alvey 650brr). I have just joined this site, and it looks great!!!!!

I haven't fished the beach for many years and would be grateful for any advice, tips etc.

Cheers and tight lines to all of you.

BobA

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Raiders,

My name is Pete, i have been fishing on and off for most of my life (almost 34) the way dad showed me how - ganged pilchards with a running no 9 sinker. Had many fishless trips shivering on the beach with sand being pelted against my legs when it was windy being the worst memory however the first fish you ever catch is always one of the most memorable. Until that time i thought only the lucky ones caught fish. Slowly branching out and trying new things with fishing i.e. baits, lures / plastics as dad the old dog refuses to try anything new !!

I work with hydraulics and cover the sydney metro area up to coffs and the travel is great - anyone ever in coffs, go to fishing tackle australia ... it's huge !!

One thing i have learnt is that a happy wife = a happy life, you can use your imagination from then on as the possibilities are endless.

I dig old holdens, eh's being my fav and currently restoring a wagon & sedan (early stages of strippig down).

And Mum - you make the best maltese pasta going around !!

Keep living the dream you'al

Cheers

Pete.

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

My name is Armin, been fishing since i was younger with my dad.

A lot of land based fishing, some boat hire.

recently purchased a Quintrex 490 Coast Runner, 90HP Etec so new to boat fishing, try to make it out every second weekend

hope to see you all out there