Clovelly and Gordon's Bay

There is an abundance of blue gropers not just off the rocks but inside estuaries. While she might have good intentions I reckon this is a big push of agenda from the greenies to eventually ban fishing in many areas. These divers need to realise that they aren't the only ones using the water. I for one notice this a lot at certain spots in the harbour where divers are completely inconsiderate to fishermen and swim right under the lines scaring most of the fish away.

There is an abundance of blue gropers not just off the rocks but inside estuaries. While she might have good intentions I reckon this is a big push of agenda from the greenies to eventually ban fishing in many areas. These divers need to realise that they aren't the only ones using the water. I for one notice this a lot at certain spots in the harbour where divers are completely inconsiderate to fishermen and swim right under the lines scaring most of the fish away.

It is about the swimmers that swim there and snorkel. I grew up in the Eastern Subs and swam there all my life.

It is a simple request and not meant to be political on my part at all. Just don't fish near the swimmers :)

Don't want to get into what divers do or don't do really. If you want to debate about Greenies and their intentions start a post about it.

I used to live at Randwick and dived and snorkelled Clovelly quite often. I didn't fish it, there are far better spots nearby. From the comments made in the newspaper article I think the main problem is people fishing in the swimming pool at Clovelly. The pool is a narrow rocky bay about 150m long that has had the edges concreted and stairs put in. There really isn't enough room for both fishermen and swimmers and there are few large fish in there anyway. I'm surprised people are still allowed to fish in it. I don't think there is a big agenda from the greenies here, just locals trying to stop overfishing of a small bay.

Amkr - Bluey was one very large, quite recognisable groper. But you are right, there are plenty of groper in the area and if you didn't dive there regularly, they all look the same. Pretty much like everyone's Labrador dog looks the same unless its one you know well.

The ideal situation is to have a combination of areas so we can all enjoy. I am a life long fisho and have fished some awesome spots around Australia including Coral Bay WA, it was not until I learnt to snorkel and dive that I realsied what I was missing, what looks beautiful from the surface looks even better underneath. While I try and fish as often as possible there are places I will never fish as I have seen the aquatic system down there. Remember keep it for our kids fish for the future

You've got to be a serious dawg to fish in Cloey "pool", don't you?.

Don't think Gordo and Cloey bay should be treated the same way though, completely different configuration

Fishes are not that silly neither, there isn't a bigger density in Gordo than any other places around and it is heaps calmer which makes it quite hard to fish. Gordo and Long Bay are arguably the 2 places where I encounter the biggest number of clueless fishos not being able to catch a fish, in a place that apparently looks nice but as a postcard, not a fishing spot.

Besides I'm a keen snorkeler and I must say that I've seen gropers for years in Cloey pool, which tends to make me think they aren't too harassed, they are distinctive, have the same scars, were there when I was snorkelling 4 years ago, and are still there.

Coincidentally, I observed the same thing in spots heavily fished, and heavily groper fished. Who knows what it really means.

PPL please don't fish in Clovelly pool, you are really giving us the bad name if you do so, and make yourself look like some massive greedy muppet!

For the record the taking of blue groper by any means is prohibited at Clovelly and spear fishing is banned too. It's really not the best line fishing spot either. Mostly I think it's people fishing if shark point is too rough. My view is leave it to the swimmers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk