So the wife says to me this morning...

SquidMarks

Geez youre really grumpy latley, must be because you havent been fishing in almost 2 weeks!

Bloody hell she is right! :chair:
I have been taking it out on everyone! Why cant this damn wind calm down and allow the lovely less than 1m se swell to just roll through!

Anyone else notice that their mood begins to change when you havent been getting much fishing action lately? Just allwed me to relflect on how much fishing is a part of my life. :banana:

Edited by SquidMarks

Yep I have the itch bad. And the weather last few weekends have been atrocious. Not going to lie I've been tempted to risk the southerly swells on the rocks but then I read the rock fishing safety thread and decide it's not worth it. Hang in there buddy!

Squidmarks, when I haven't been fishing for two weeks or more, you can see my goldfish get nervous when I walk past. :)

As for the mrs, if it's been longer than a week, she will pack my fishing gear in the car, buy me some bait and four beers, drop me off somewhere and says I don't give a shit what the weathers doing your fishing. What a top woman!

Yes, I think all our moods change.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Yes Swordie will spend all day in his garage aka fishing tackle and boating shop checking knots and rigs, looking inside his dozens of lure boxes, making spinnerbaits, respooling etc etc etc

He will clean his boat and his car. He will make and receive calls from raiders to talk about fishing. He will go to other fishos places to look at their gear and boats etc and on it goes.

I will see a change in the posts on fishraider too - people get narkie and cross because no fishing reports.

Sometimes I pray for decent weather ............... :badmood::1fishing1::1boat::1clap:

2 weeks??

Oh you poor buggers!! ;)

I live on one of the rivers flowing into Tuggerah Lake and i havent even fished from my backyard since middle of January. Think the boat has only had one outting in about 12 months as well.....

AND,

The golf clubs havent even been touched in around 2 months either!!

How do you reckon my 'cranky levels' are goin?!?! ;)

Stupid work and stupid renovations getting in the way of life!!

:D

I agree I definitely change moods if I haven't fished the weekend, very temperamental and agitated all week. I check the weather daily hoping for good conditions and check FR for reports at least 2 times a day

Some would say that's Sad.... but true :)

All I can say is make the time. Do what is necessary. If the weather is crap for the boat adjust. Look outside the square.

As others have said .......... Clean your boat, restock your tackle box, replace old line, make up some rigs.

or just go down to a local land base spot you have wanted to try for and hour. Six pack of ginger beer and a bag of hot chips.

BEE HAPPY.