TRAILER BOAT TOURNAMENT 2015

mrsswordfisherman

Incorrect. If I weighed in the kingfish and the tailor we caught, we would be on the board twice!

At least we were allowed out today! :)

That is a great come back Scratchie . You'll be sorted as Teflon just keeps putting the mocker on himself . Hope he can try to keep up with the marlin fishing up there. Good luck guys for the rest of the weekend. Hope the fishing picks up .

Troy

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest no one

Ah Jeff, but still you didn't weigh just like me!

See you in the morning buddy. Going to be a long day tomorrow! Will catch up for some beers then!

Hi guys, getting a few fish on the board when we came in at around 10pm. Good to hear you guys are out there having a go. Just one fish for us on the board so far. boat (Bare Essentials).

Steve.

Guest no one

We've put the boat on the trailer and called it a day, 75ltrs of fuel for a 4th place fish was worth it though. Stopped off on the way in for some Mahi fun when we found a bouy...

post-30931-14275330519686_thumb.jpg

Kept 4 70's for dinner with the wives but they aren't completion fish.

Amazing day out... But I think that's us for the comp. We'll review the scoreboard at 6am and make a call!

Very hard going out there! Woody nearly got spooled before we hit the Mahi's, it was a monster fish but we never got an ID, it fought fast and just went crazy then turned and spat the hook 2 meters from the boat.

Guest no one

I've never smiled so much at catching a fish, we've had an amazing day on the water...

The Cookie Monster is on fire at the moment and finding a lot of luck in the open ocean. Every session has been a dream!

As we're coming to the end of the big fish season it's going to be fun stocking up on gear for next seasons game fishing! I need some outriggers first!

Well, with the area that portstephens is and having the right boat to do it, we made our plan to chase marlin. For the 2 days we spent trolling, skip baiting and live bait unfortunately to no avail. Our mission was to get demondes his first beak but the closest we got was one strike and a marlin follow des's livey to the boat and say hi!!!

We didn't spend much time chasing other species expect snapper for a couple of hours that resulted in many 29cm models and a keeper. We also caught a few mahi or the table.

post-24974-0-14229500-1427579385_thumb.jpg

post-24974-0-70003800-1427579460_thumb.jpg

And why wouldn't you live here........

post-24974-0-21666300-1427579573_thumb.jpg

It's been awesome having swordy and des up here. I hope the laughter from our boat wasn't what scared the fish away.

I would also like to thank my mrs for the time off and driving beers and pizza down to the wharf for us last night! What a woman!

As they say, there's always next year!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest no one

Gutted Jeff!!! Next time you come along with the young guns and we'll find the fish! Thanks for the laughs and good to finally meet you!

There's always next year when we'll be back!

Bring on next season!!!

A bit of feedback from the final weigh in......

Top place:

Kingfish 19.7kg

Mulloway 22.1

Snapper 6.2

Tuna 19.6

Cobia 12.2

Flathead 5.7

Bream 2.8

Tailor 1.9

Some great fish there and all anglers were happy with an awesome run tournament.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest no one

Good job! We were short of 3rd place tuna when we weighed it in by 1/2 a kilo, shame that king didn't live up to the 20kg one put in at 11:30am