TRAILER BOAT TOURNAMENT 2015

mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job! We were short of 3rd place tuna when we weighed it in by 1/2 a kilo, shame that king didn't live up to the 20kg one put in at 11:30am

Your not wrong! Would love to tangle with a brut. Next time might target them!!

A great weekend fishing the Port Stephens Trailer boat tournament with Stewy and Jeff. Unfortunately we didn’t to get a score on the board although Jeff was in contention for a while with his Kingy, and the Tailor I caught may have been close but we decided we’d use it on the Marlin which was to be the Target species as the boys were determined to try and get me my first Marlin. Unfortunately no Marlin but I learnt a lot about trolling, skip baiting etc from Stewy and Jeff, thanks guys. Also like to thank Jeff and his lovely wife Jodie for the hospitality afforded us over the weekend.

Excellent weekend, went up with a few mates got three marlin for the weekend one small stripy at 50kg one black around 60kg and a stripy on the last day around 80kg shame it was too late for us to get back to register that one.Most fish were caught live baiting north of port Stephens with a million other boat in the same area, we saw one boat release 6 small black marlin in half an hour then nothing till late afternoon.

Excellent run comp, excellent prizes well worth going to. Hats off to the guys for putting it on. I be going back next year.

Excellent weekend, went up with a few mates got three marlin for the weekend one small stripy at 50kg one black around 60kg and a stripy on the last day around 80kg shame it was too late for us to get back to register that one.Most fish were caught live baiting north of port Stephens with a million other boat in the same area, we saw one boat release 6 small black marlin in half an hour then nothing till late afternoon.

Excellent run comp, excellent prizes well worth going to. Hats off to the guys for putting it on. I be going back next year.

Oh that is great - did you win prizes? Next time let me know, we love to promote raider achievements!!

Ffm, me swordy and des were fishing next to you all day on Saturday on board "my sanity". You should of said hi. I'm sure you stole our drift a few time! Lol

Cheers scratchie!!!

Bream 2.8 kg is that correct?

A bit of feedback from the final weigh in......

Top place:

Kingfish 19.7kg

Mulloway 22.1

Snapper 6.2

Tuna 19.6

Cobia 12.2

Flathead 5.7

Bream 2.8

Tailor 1.9

Some great fish there and all anglers were happy with an awesome run tournament.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Scratchie perhaps there is an official link to the results somewhere?

There is when it is finally recorded. It may take a few weeks but I'll find out tonight. Pub night with the boys.

For the record,

The winner was from my shoal bay fishing club Paul Lennon.

Shoal bay also won biggest jew and 3rd jew.

Ffm, me swordy and des were fishing next to you all day on Saturday on board "my sanity". You should of said hi. I'm sure you stole our drift a few time! Lol

Cheers scratchie!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

How can I get to know you if we don't steal your drift, I hear that Sunday only three fish raised and two landed. Long day for nothing. We trolled back to Port that evening out wide saw so many birds and dolphins (100-200) nothing on the sounder, no fish raised but what a sight. Sunday we went to the fad then headed to the car park, halfway to the carpark the short rigger went off a great stripped marlin tagged it, looked at the watch 11:45 no time to get back so we keeper on fishing. We are out most weekends in Sydney, I will listen out for you on 21. I listen on 21 up there but heard no raiders talking.

How can I get to know you if we don't steal your drift, I hear that Sunday only three fish raised and two landed. Long day for nothing. We trolled back to Port that evening out wide saw so many birds and dolphins (100-200) nothing on the sounder, no fish raised but what a sight. Sunday we went to the fad then headed to the car park, halfway to the carpark the short rigger went off a great stripped marlin tagged it, looked at the watch 11:45 no time to get back so we keeper on fishing. We are out most weekends in Sydney, I will listen out for you on 21. I listen on 21 up there but heard no raiders talking.

Mate, the radio was silent up there. Most of the game boats have gone home that's why!

If I knew there were more raiders about I would have jumped on the radio.

Scratchie i didn't realise but you guys were catching bait next to us the first two mornings. I was in the unpainted plate boat (Bare essentials). Yes radio was very quiet.

Batty.

Guest no one

We found a huge school of Dolphins, then they found us while we were ripping up dollies! Amazing to see, frustrating when you stop catching though!

Scratchie i didn't realise but you guys were catching bait next to us the first two mornings. I was in the unpainted plate boat (Bare essentials). Yes radio was very quiet.

Batty.

Yes mate I remember the boat.

I think next year we should all get our act together and have a dedicated/agreed radio channel for raiders. It would be great to communicate with a few boats out there! :)

2015 Club Marine Trailer Boat Fishing Tournament final results are at www.tbft.com.au. Congratulations to Paul Lennon & Sam Millauro, the 2015 Champion Senior & Junior Champion Anglers. Both are very worthy winners.

Shoal Bay Fishing Club uses certified scales to weigh the fish. Length is only recorded if there may be a conflict with fisheries or tournament rules & regs. For example, this year at the TBFT an anglers catch was disqualified because she tried to weigh in 2x flathead over 70cm.

FFM. Have your third place prize pack. Beautiful day last Sunday. Can't really blame you for staying out fishing and missing the presentation. Your numbers only came out of the lucky draws a few times anyway. ?

2015 Club Marine Trailer Boat Fishing Tournament final results are at www.tbft.com.au. Congratulations to Paul Lennon & Sam Millauro, the 2015 Champion Senior & Junior Champion Anglers. Both are very worthy winners.

Shoal Bay Fishing Club uses certified scales to weigh the fish. Length is only recorded if there may be a conflict with fisheries or tournament rules & regs. For example, this year at the TBFT an anglers catch was disqualified because she tried to weigh in 2x flathead over 70cm.

CLICK HERE FOR RESULTS

FFM. Have your third place prize pack. Beautiful day last Sunday. Can't really blame you for staying out fishing and missing the presentation. Your numbers only came out of the lucky draws a few times anyway.

FFM. Have your third place prize pack. Beautiful day last Sunday. Can't really blame you for staying out fishing and missing the presentation. Your numbers only came out of the lucky draws a few times anyway.

Well thank you very much, an excellent run fishing comp. Your sponsors were so helpful and everyone was so friendly. I will encourage all fish raider to go there next year. I used the on line registration so easy, and we got accomodation with Winnings and the boat was looked after at d'Albora marine, just mentioned the comp and got a discount on everything even our fuel which was fantastic. I will advise our self appointed captain Ahab to contact you for our price. Thank again for putting on a great comp, it must take a lot of effort.