Brisbane To Sydney

batfishing

post-9465-14291839324533_thumb.jpgpost-9465-14291839559696_thumb.jpg

Saturday.

For various reasons, I won't go into, we sat in Coffs for a few days. Boat was all good and we also were ok.

One upside or downside of staying in Coffs was visiting a particularly well known tackle store. Wow!, and I didn't intend to spend any money, ah well.

So we had an agreement we were heading off on Saturday Morning and doing Sydney in the day. Unfortunately an alarm didn't go off, and I think the fact the wind from the night before blew way longer than forecast, we were up late at 6am.

So a rush run around, coffee, toast and we were out of the berth by 6.35am. The 5m surf break rolling into the Harbour entrance the day before, had luckily subsided to a 5m roll, so the exit was easy.

We quickly settled into a 2-3M swell with around 15kn, of course head on. And ran that through to Port Stephens, where just before that it settled down.

I will say, I have been out in far rougher conditions, and I have done longer stints, 28 hours from Airlie Beach to Gladstone. But this was the longest, hardest stretch I have done.

We agreed 2 hour stints downstairs resting, then 1 hour after 5pm, 2 people in the flybridge all the time.

We pulled into Pt Stephens for fuel, after we left the fuel wharf I had everything ready in the saloon for the generator to fire up. Toast, smoked ham, cheese, tomato, fried egg sandwiches and coffee.

So all up 15 hours, and safely berthed in St George Marina.

Apologies for the speed and time on the 2nd screen shot, I forgot to turn Navionics off until I got home.

Unfortunately no fishing on the way back, as we needed to get back.

I will go through our photos and post a few up of the trip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest 4myson

Really enjoyed the read . Glad to hear that Everyone arrived Safe & Well . Did they manage to locate your pallet of goods ? Out of Curiosity , What was the total fuel bill ??

Pallet arrived in Brisbane on the Thursday after Easter, back to our warehouse yesterday......took a bit of convincing, but TNT credited the charges.

Fuel bill, I would have to check as it wasn't my card, but I'm guessing roughly around $3.5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD