Latest technology- sounder

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

I was talking to one of my fishing buddies up here today. He is an older bloke and knows his way around a rod and reel. He's caught many a fish and big fish at that over the years but is very much an "old school fisho". We were talking about technology and far it has come over the years but he still prefers to line up landmarks such as "this beach with this headland etc". I was explaining about structure scan and dsi etc. he says "oh yeah I got one of those", really I said.

Then he shows me his latest technology sounder......

post-24974-0-66862800-1428027037_thumb.jpg

Lol...... The sounding is printed on a paper ream. I've never seen one before but if you look close enough it seems to work really well and will show arches, bait and everything!

Wow, we certainly have come along way over the years!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I remember those, people used to show you the paper to back up their stories. It got a bit tricky when the paper was on its second or third use.

Finding reefs was still go 5 miles at 80 degrees from the headland or put the water tank over the red roof like you said. Many great spots were lost when some inconsiderate bastard cut down their pine tree or painted their garage door.

I remember those, people used to show you the paper to back up their stories. It got a bit tricky when the paper was on its second or third use.

Finding reefs was still go 5 miles at 80 degrees from the headland or put the water tank over the red roof like you said. Many great spots were lost when some inconsiderate bastard cut down their pine tree or painted their garage door.

Lol. I use sounder and gps on each trip but I also try to look for landmarks I can line up just incase technology fails me!