Easiest way to Wash the Boat after use !

oziodin

Easiest WAY TO WASH BOAT AFTER USE ! Wonder if there is any Better/Easier way to Wash the boat after being on the Water. I just like to improve the time it takes .wonder if there is any Raider with Idea.

The way I usually wash the Boat after a Trip on the Water is to take all the gear out of the Boat , Then what I found easiest is using : ( a container that u bye with liquid Lawn Feed . ones its empty then clean it Thoroughly/ Flush {inside where the Lawn feed was in the container} , ones it cleaned just fill it with car wash ) wash the Boat and scrub it at the same time than hose it off and it done . just wonder if there is an easier way I'm open to Ideas .

Than Flush the engine

Cheers Oziodin :1fishing1:

Easiest WAY TO WASH BOAT AFTER USE ! Wonder if there is any Better/Easier way to Wash the boat after being on the Water. I just like to improve the time it takes .wonder if there is any Raider with Idea.

The way I usually wash the Boat after a Trip on the Water is to take all the gear out of the Boat , Then what I found easiest is using : ( a container that u bye with liquid Lawn Feed . ones its empty then clean it Thoroughly/ Flush {inside where the Lawn feed was in the container} , ones it cleaned just fill it with car wash ) wash the Boat and scrub it at the same time than hose it off and it done . just wonder if there is an easier way I'm open to Ideas .

Than Flush the engine

Cheers Oziodin :1fishing1:

Easiest/Laziest way is your method,car wash.gerni,etc.

Best way though more time consuming is hand washing with plenty of detergent and fresh water then drying and waxing/polishing if you have a glass boat to keep it in tip top shape.

Believe it or not I use this method on my unpainted tinny that's over 4yrs old now that looks like the day I bought it.

I have a couple of pressure washers here with foam lances etc and still revert back to hand washing/drying.

The best tip I can give anyone Is make sure your boat/trailer is thoroughly dried before putting covers/tarps over it otherwise it will sit under the cover stewing/sweating.

Also park on a hard surface like concrete.

The easiest way is to just give it a hose, if you have a Polycraft like I do then that's all that is needed. This will will get

rid of the salt (very important for an aluminium boat and for the trailer). I don't think all the scubbing , detergents and

polishes help all that much. More trouble than it's worth in my case, though if you have a few helpers then it's not such

a chore. The best thing for a fiberglass boat is to keep the sun off it as it fades the gelcoat and makes it chalky.

Mine gets the full love treatment no matter what time it is. I had a 2002 seafarer. At the ramp it always got compliments. Earlier this year some guy asked me how old my boat was thinking it was just months old haha.

I bought a brush from superchip about 30cm wide on a stick. Helps speed it all up.

Guest Force3

I used to just give my painted alloy boat a good hose off but found that it was not taking all of the salt off.

I now use "Saltaway" with a high pressure washer, give it a quick blast off, then with the saltaway injector on give it a good covering with the solution and then a good pressure rinse with plain water. Lastly give it a mist coat of saltaway and a quick rub with the chamois. This leaves a perfectly clean boat with no salt crystals at all and a protective coating. I give the trailer the same treatment and also flush the engine with saltaway. Only uses about 50 ml per wash and flush at about $1.50 per time.

Takes me half an hour including engine flushing.

i just spray on truckwash then use a soft broom and bucket of water to wash boat then hose off,but i must say that our glass boat needs a really good polish as it has not been done in 4 years we have had it,probably never been polished

Phil

do no u se those self serve carwashes if you have a bare ally boat

they put mild acids into help clean the muck off easier and it eats or etchs the aluminium
also its used over and over again and is pretty nasty

Truckenman

Truck wash isn't any good for washing cars or boats due to that it removes any polish and wax,use a wash and wax type that way your once a season polish stays on there for as long as possible

Edited by mr magoo