Kayak Fishing from Lakes mac and tuggerah + bris water.

knight76

Spent some time in forster and whilst there hired a kayak, the wife and I enjoyed kayaking and I am now thinking of getting a kayak to enjoy, and also to fish from for some fun.

I'm definitely entering at the budget end and as a first timer don't want to spend heaps on a kayak and find I really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought.

I can't see that happening though :-)

Plan is to fish Tuggerah lakes area, lake Macquarie and Brisbane water. Being a novice that is not keen on meeting god too soon I plan to stay close to the shoreline and fish wharfs and moored boats etc for bream, flathead etc. Once I get my Arnie Kayak arms I can head further in to trouble.

Question time: Would a kayak like one of these suit this purpose, with ability down the track to head further in to lake Macquarie etc and get in to some of the locations not reachable shore based.

And now for general Kayaking questions.

Should I be tethering myself to my kayak so if I ditch, the kayak will not get too far away, obviously a PFD would be used.

I weigh 90kg, 6'1", very dark brown hair and blue eyes, though the last two probably don't matter much for kayaking I imagine.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
no links to businesses or products unless sponsors or approved by admin

Hey mate i am a kayak fosher from these exact lakes. Im constantly in tuggerah lakes. I have the exact same kayak and yesterday fished the mouth of entrance chanel. They are very stable. I highly reccomenf them. Have had some nice fish from them.

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
no selling or promoting unless a sponsor or allowed by admin