Botany Bay

jtp

Hi everyone,

Had a short night session at Botany Bay tonight. Was running late but was able to catch the turn of tide between 7-9PM. It was a little bit windy but managed 7 tailor between 35cm - 46cm, a flatty at 39cm, an octopus (smallish didn't measure they freak me out so straight back in he went) and a PB hairtail at 140cm. Got back in as it started to pour. Was using whole pilchards and the octopus was caught on a 3.0 yamashita natural red.

Cheers,

Joe

post-11038-0-22849400-1429371173_thumb.jpg

Wow I've never heard of hairtail in Botany, and so early in the season too! Where abouts was he roughly if you don't mind? Don't need your secret GPS marks or anything just curious as to which part of the bay

Nice catch there joe!!

Thanks Mate.

Wow I've never heard of hairtail in Botany, and so early in the season too! Where abouts was he roughly if you don't mind? Don't need your secret GPS marks or anything just curious as to which part of the bay

Hi Linc, around the oil wharf. I think the lights were attracting all the bait fish. The tailor were full of yellowtail.

Congrats on the catch. The hair tail is a surprise!

Thanks man. Thought it was a double tailor hook up at first when I saw the flash of silver.

Congrats there Joe , nice Hairtail for Botany ! That's something I still need to cross off my Bucket list .

Thanks 4myson. Real surprise catch!

Great catch there mate! With the hairtail about already it's looking pretty good for our July social then! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie, i'll make sure to join this upcoming social!

Nice work joep.

I love the bay when there's lots of surface action, keeps you entertained for sure :sun:

I like the those for size perspective :whistling:

Haha thanks buddy.

How was the water, is it cleaning up after the milkshake?

Upper Georges is still a bit dirty, wondering how the bay was faring.

Wow on the hairtail! What line and hook setup was it?

Hey amkr, sorry haven't been able to go fishing since due to work booo so don't know what the water is looking like. I was using 8pound mono main and 20pound leader to gang hooks with no sinker. Was going for tailor and the hairtail was a surprise catch.