Georges flick

Hi Raiders,

Went out the other day with Aero.gard on the lower Georges in his boat to chase some jews and bream. It was too windy to chase bream so we stuck at it for the jews flicking some nice holes where the water wasn't so murky.

We had a few golden opportunities with some good strikes and one even hooked by Aero.gard for a decent amount of time before the hook was pulled. Bummer! We were spewing.

Eventually, one did stick and the fight was a strange one. Fought it to the boat quickly and that's when it got tricky. The soapie went for its signature run under the boat and across the other side. I was convinced my rod was gonna snap due to the awkward angle. I was down on both knees (praying?) with the rod leaning over the side of the boat, 3/4 of which was in the water. Eventually the fish surfaced and we got it on board. That was when a funny moment occurred...

I held the fish up to take a photo (which almost didn't happen) and instantly it starts thrashing, back in the water she goes! :devil: Over and out the side of the leccy in the photo. The fish was not in the boat for more than 5 seconds - it had managed to spit the lure, almost avoid a photo and find freedom. We thought we didn't have a photo of the capture but fortunately we did have just the one below. :1sweatdrop: From the photo, you can clearly see the fish about to jump free. :074: The photo doesn't do it justice but I estimate the fish was around 55 cm.

post-25384-0-65963900-1430532758_thumb.jpg

So that was that. I've also been doing some landbased over the past month and I will be putting up a wrap about that soon.

How uncooperative!!!

Well done on the catch.

Thanks. For me, it always seems that the smaller specimens are more uncooperative. I don't know how many times the smaller flathead and bream manage to spike me.

Nice work mate doesn't matter the size a Jew is a Jew and the fact you caught what u were targeting you have to be happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice work mate doesn't matter the size a Jew is a Jew and the fact you caught what u were targeting you have to be happy with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Katoe, it's always nice to be rewarded with a jew. Always a special day for me, gives me that warm fuzzy feeling inside.

Nice man! Good to see you back into the silver :) haha luckily you still got a happy snap! Healthy release I guess [emoji14]

keep it up

Cheers Witha, it was such a fleeting moment that it didn't even feel as though I had caught one lol.

You need a better camera man....Luke sucks at it by the looks of it :074:

A good cameraman is a rarity these days especially when one catches a good fish! Particularly landbased, there'll be a hundred people walking by until I get a good fish and there's not a soul in sight to take the photo.

Cheers Witha, it was such a fleeting moment that it didn't even feel as though I had caught one lol.

A good cameraman is a rarity these days especially when one catches a good fish! Particularly landbased, there'll be a hundred people walking by until I get a good fish and there's not a soul in sight to take the photo.

Haha that glorious smell will hopefully hold you for a bit [emoji14]

Good job Pete,

Gotta love the pearl inlays along the lateral line. Ha. Nice capture and release with a half pike by the looks of it. 9/10.

Thanks, I guess the execution was near flawless :1prop:

Good lad Pete!

Thanks Ed.