Rozelle Flick

Hey Raiders,

Got some time this morning before the rain to go fool a few fish with little bits of latex at Rozelle. The water was filthy after all the rain recently. Managed 7 fish: 3 bream, 3 flatties and a tailor, all on the Zman grubz in chatreuse sparkle, which have been a really effective replacement for the motor oils since my local tackle shop ran out. Biggest bream was 30 cm, biggest flattie 43 cm.

post-33473-0-82886600-1430548740_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-73315000-1430548825_thumb.jpg

Got busted off by something bigger very close in to the steps, it pulled pretty hard and went swimming up and down the oyster beds like a bloody maniac. At one point it dived deep and went under a traffic cone or bit of roadwork fencing I could see on the bottom. I tried to ease the pressure off to see if it would come back out, but no joy. I think I saw dark colour as it grabbed the lure, but I'm sure I saw a flicker of lighter underbelly as it got nearer the surface. I thought it might have been a luderick by the way it kept diving straight down, a passerby said she thought it was a cormorant (there was one swimming about not too far away).

Rain came on later, so I made a move. Hope the weather clears up a bit next weekend to get out for the whole day!

Thanks for reading,

Adam

Edited by adamski

Nice mate old faithful rozelle providing sustenance to the addiction :)

I'd definitely say luderick mate caught a big one on a plastic at the same spot and they fight really dirty as you say.

Keep it up!

Cheers guys! It was fun, I needed to get out after a no go last weekend with the bad weather. Just wish I'd got there earlier so I could've had more time before the rain- that'll teach me not to have quite so many beers on a Friday night ;)

Whatever the fish was, it was pulling waaaayyy harder than the bream from earlier, just wish I could have got to my net and tightened up before it hit the snag!

Nice mate old faithful rozelle providing sustenance to the addiction :)
I'd definitely say luderick mate caught a big one on a plastic at the same spot and they fight really dirty as you say.
Keep it up!

We should get down there together for a session some time man, :) don't think I've ever fished Rozelle with you.