Live report from The Entrance

mrsswordfisherman

Well we had lots of fun last night. We all gathered at the BBQ room and ate some nice food prepared by the Scratchie family. Most raiders are settled in their cabins (see pic above of Fishraider Alley. Lots of laughs and an arm wrestle between swordie and mrsscratchie was a highlight - swordie only just won!

Back to FR HQ and a casting frenzy produced first catches (see below Dalucius and joep with theirs)

The rain was starting so most retired to the warm cabins. Thanks Anne for the lovely cappuccino;)

Swordie slipped out early to the beach and just sent his first capture!

Looking forward to today at 11 we start a sausage sizzle, treasure hunt and catching up with new found friends.

The weather has cleared and it is going to be a great day :)

After some tuition from Ryder and Stapo, junior scratchie was determined to get a legal blackfish. After many downs he finally got one!

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

He got a few small ones too. All caught on imitation weed.

Great stuff! It was nice to come up for a wee bit and put names to faces today. Big thanks to Witha for the lift and cheers to you guys again for catching me before I left my SP wallet behind, just stocked up on plastics too so that could have been expensive!

Glad to see you are all having fun.

Wish I could have made it down with my boys but the stars just didn't line up.

Hope you all enjoy it. Rain, hail or shine it's always a great social, & Stewy & Donna

really go out of their way to make it a special event for all.

Thanks & well done Swordies! :clapping:

Cheers,

Grant.

Think I saw a few of you blokes yesterday in the north channel, two boats one a small tinny and the other a stacer with Berkeley stickers on the transom .

Looked like you were having fun and picked up a couple of frogs for your troubles, they were really going off for about an hour or so , we picked up a bag each of quality fish . Sorry I couldn't stop in and say G'day but being comp weekend we were on a mission and short of time .

Hope everybody enjoyed what our area has to offer , it's a fantastic place to live and fish .

Cheers,

Bruce

Hey raiders,

What an awesome weekend at the social. It was a great opportunity to meet like minded people and share a beer, a fish and a few stories.

I brought the family down to enjoy the weekend and they had a ball. It was a great environment for them and they fished almost the entire time. Sorry to Steve, sean and Lyn for all the tangles with the little ones! Whoops :)

Stewy and Donna organise a fantastic event and always go out of their way to make sure that everyone enjoys themselves. This event was no different, so a BIG THANK YOU once again.

It was a great turn out and we even had a young fella that has been following our site but not a member turn up and participate. Of course he's now a member but he made his mum drive him for a few hours to get there! Wow, what a champion. Also all the people that even turned up and said "hi", thanks for the effort.

Personally, to stewy, Donna, stapo and Ryder, thanks for helping teach my kids a thing or two!

All I can say now, is bring on the hair tail social because that will be a cracker too!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Big thanks to Stew. Donna and all who worked and contributed to making a great social. Kicking back for a weekend with other fish obsessed people was a privilege and getting to put faces to such well known contributors was great.

Now, who was in charge of the rain!!!