Live report from The Entrance

mrsswordfisherman

Thanks Stewie and Donna and all others that made it such a wonderful weekend. Nice meeting everyone. Sorry for missing this morning, looks like all the fishing in the rain killed my phone and the alarm.

Cheers,

Joe

Just arrived home from The Entrance.

Thank you Donna and Stewy for organising the weekend we had a great time catching up with members.

Winners are grinners... Lucky door prize, casting comp (ladies) and best fish (ladies). What more could I want?

A big thanks to Fishraiders for my Trophy and door prizes and thanks to 'Johndory' for donating the rod and reel combo.

Fishing was tough from the shore. Why did it have to rain every time we had a rod in our hand?

I brought the family down to enjoy the weekend and they had a ball. It was a great environment for them and they fished almost the entire time. Sorry to Steve, sean and Lyn for all the tangles with the little ones! Whoops

Scratchie you have a wonderful family. Your kids a very well behaved. I was a little concerned fishing in such close quarters with kids (you know I have a history with hooks in fingers) but they were very safe and responsible plus you daughter shared her jelly beans with us all LOL. The tangled lines were a victim of the raging current.

Looking forward to the next social.

Lyn

Well, home safe n sound from my first Fishraider social, many many thanks to Stewy and Donna for organizing a great event.

A huge thanks to everyone for making my family and i feel so welcome, sure the weather was fairly ugly but i think everyone

had a great weekend, my daughter Chantelle and her best friend (Maddy) had sensational time.

hehe Thanks to Stewy for getting Anne to pick up a rod for the first time in her life, hopefully she will get the bug the rest of us have

which is fishing. Huge thanks to the sponsors for their support and how good was the bbq's, Stewy is pretty good on the tongs lol.

see you all in July, regards Dan and family

Hi guys,

Thanks for a great weekend got to meet some great fishraiders the weather wasn't the best but that's fishing. Thanks to everyone for making it such an enjoyable weekend hope to see you all soon.

Great social once again with plenty of raiders and their families enjoying the frivolity and goings on.

Plenty of skills shown in the casting comp with new and old showing their prowess.

I watched Scratchie's son Brandon fish in the pissing down rain with no wet weather gear on at all and that's why he won the junior section...well done mate.

There were a few assy people there including Charlese another of the scratchie clan who guessed the amount of jellybeans in the jar and now they will all be bouncing off the walls with 421 beans.

It was fabulous to see many of the members with their respective partners which just goes to show that we are really a family orientated site.

One young member by the name of Aiden came along with his mum all the way from the Hunter Valley to join the social and a new member to boot...good on ya both.

Many helpers including good mate Swano who did the BBQ duties with yours truly.

I would like to thank each and every member who attended for being such great sports and keeping the Fishraider name synonymous with integrity and aplomb.

Big thanks to Dunleith for having us and Mrsswordie with all her organisational skills that made this social another top event.

Thanks to our mods Scratchie,Pete and Leo for being there in case we needed a hand.

Regards Swordy.

It would be remiss of me to not add all the donations of prizes for this event and I reckon if we had any more I could start up my own store.

Ryder,Yarraone and Lisa,John Dory,Mrsswordy ,Lyn and Geoff and probably some I have missed but thanks so much for your generosity which helps make these type of events such a success :banana::banana::clapping::clapping::clapping::biggrinthumb:

Ajonesy and his Dad (Paul) and two friends joined us on Sat and it was very nice to meet them - Paul gave us a donation that helped us to provide the bacon and egg breakfast on Sunday. Thanks very much :)

I forgot to tell everyone that Steve (Stapo) won the event with a fantastic 60cm flathead from the lake.

When I handed him the two trophies he said I have never won anything in my whole life and it nearly made me tear up.

Good onya mate ...well done

I forgot to tell everyone that Steve (Stapo) won the event with a fantastic 60cm flathead from the lake.

When I handed him the two trophies he said I have never won anything in my whole life and it nearly made me tear up.

Good onya mate ...well done

And it couldn't be won by a nicer bloke! Congrats Steve! :)

We fished for a short time with Steve but he put his rod down, stopped fishing, just to rig up my sons blackfish setup and explain how it all works.

If Steve doesn't have a mentor badge on behalf of my family I would like to nominate him for one!

A True Fishraider!

Cheers scratchie!!!

And it couldn't be won by a nicer bloke! Congrats Steve! :)

We fished for a short time with Steve but he put his rod down, stopped fishing, just to rig up my sons blackfish setup and explain how it all works.

If Steve doesn't have a mentor badge on behalf of my family I would like to nominate him for one!

A True Fishraider!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Done and congrats Stapo

Thanks for that nomination Jeff :)

Sounds like everybody had a ball,

absolutely spewing i couldn't make it, but glad everyone enjoyed our little water way.........

As for my penance for cancelling out to stay an extra day after a wedding, well I've picked up some kind of virus or something and have barely gotten out of bed since Sunday!!

Will definitely make the next one if you's decide to head this way again.

Congrats everyone. :D

Had a fun fish with Stewy on Sunday arvo, was fun chasin EP's eh mate hahaha

Chasin being the optimum word but I will return and kick those perch in the klakker really soon.

Fantastic to catch up with you Leo and your very nice and well behaved kids...they are a credit to you and the mrs