Double Bay Lure and SP Sesh 23/05

Hi folks,

Been hitting west of the bridge a bit since the social, but today I thought I'd venture out to the east for a change. Forecast looked a bit ominous, but I arrived at Double Bay for the run-in to find it was sunny and reasonably calm. Started slow rolling a fat dog, which is quickly becoming my favourite HB. After about an hour or so I got a really aggressive take and a good run. I tightened the drag up a bit and started giving the fish a bit of muscle, but even on a tighter setting it was still managing to take line. At one point I thought it had got me on a snag- the thing wouldn't budge, but eventually it started to tire and I was able to handline it in at the steps where I was fishing. 38 cm: not quite my PB bream, but a great fight on 3 lb braid with a 4 lb leader and it broke two of the trebles on the lure!

post-33473-0-59975600-1432357227_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-65193100-1432357193_thumb.jpg

I switched to plastics and had a flick around the wharf for a bit, managing a legal tailor on a Z-man grub, then called it a day at about lunchtime.

Hoping to get out for a flick again tomorrow, see if the bream west of the bridge can match their eastern cousins ;)

Thanks for reading,

Adam