Couple of very nice Murray Cod

Had a call from my mate to ask if I wanted to wet a line this morning...yep, ok. 20 minutes later and we were headed for the river. It was very cold and water temp was 11c. I decided on spinnerbaits and Luke went for a 4inch lure. He got a few small Cod and then this one smashed his lure half way back to the boat. We knew it was a good one and after what seemed like an eternity, it was tired enough to get alongside and into the boat. A few quick pics and a check on the mat showed a very healthy 100cm Cod, which was quickly released. A few more small models came on board before there was a repeat performance. Luke thought it was a small Cod that had him snagged until it started to take line at a leisurely pace. I grabbed the net and the fish finally surfaced. I soon realised that it's head wasn't even going to fit in the net so we had to continue to play it, till it was ready to get alongside. This one looked even bigger and Luke carefully lifted it into the boat while I operated the video camera. This one went 120cms and was a very heavy fish. It was released and swam away, indifferent to the experience. Luke and I did a couple of high fives followed by a few laps round the boat and developed permanent smiles from ear to ear. What a day! Very little water in the 'Bidgee, but still lots of good fish to be had.

post-20708-0-08196000-1432463611_thumb.jpg

post-20708-0-02916800-1432463686_thumb.jpg