Last trout for the season

Well the trout season has ended on the 31st May here in NZ, I managed to get a fish in and was rewarded with a healthy 60cm brown at my last spot on the last cast. Had some good follows with one being a good 80cm+ brown swimming after my lure right to edge of the river but he decided not to bite unfortumately,

This last trout was awesome to see him hit the lure 2m in front of me and then go pycho for the next five minutes.

Anyway will pack the fishing gear until September/October and concentrate on my hunting for the next couple of months. As you can see by the photos there is frost and snow on mountains.post-19357-0-43460200-1433217712_thumb.jpgpost-19357-0-13211700-1433217723_thumb.jpgpost-19357-0-12900600-1433217745_thumb.jpg

Well done mate, nice fish! There's always one more cast or last five minutes. Lol. Then you hook up and want another hour or so! Gotta love NZ! Can't wait to visit my brother in the near future and teach him how to fish!

Awesome scenery, your very lucky!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks for the comments, you can fish upto a certain point in the winter however they are few and far inbetween and they are fish have not matured and got the urge to breed yet.