Gamers - any out there?

fragmeister

I once completed an epic game on the Amiga, several discs, I think it was called "the secret of monkey island" took ages to finish it, and another one "Rick Dangerous" it was a simple platform game kind of like Indiana Jones in a way.

Yeah, I found a few original Quake servers still running, no one playing though, might just mess around and see if someone turns up, Quake was very good in its day, there was about 5 of us that worked together and played regularly, one guy was fantastic, in the end it was us 4 against him, but he still beat us most of the time, the graphics were good considering the gear available.

• 2 months later...

hey everyone, what a great thread, bought back some fantastic memories, was great to read about others gaming experiences

i started my gaming back in early 80's with a hand held "futuretronics" pacman game. i played that game till i killed the little joystick, got it repaired once and played it untill i killed it again, loved it

my sister had the galaxy invaders 1000 hand held game and my wife still has one of these that works, kids still play it every now and then.

i had nintendo "game and watch" donkey kong and donkey kong II

my mate had a intellivision console and another mate had the old commodore 64 with the 5" floppy disc drive( i think it was 5" , long time ago)

i progressed to nintendo entertainment system (1989) (NES) with  super mario and duck hunt with the nintendo zapper, various other games and this console only just died 2019. ive had the super nintendo, the 64, a PS2, PS3 and PS4. at present, i like the open world games like the GTA series, Fallout 4, Red Dead Redemption 1 & 2, and many others.

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

ooooooo what is that one Baz?

I believe it’s called Pandora’s Box. It came up in her feed on Facebook but you can find it on EBay. I just searched for “arcade game console”. It plugs straight into the tv via HDMI cable. It’s a lot of fun.

ACB670DC-C525-4C90-AAC3-803F4D8AE87B.jpeg

6676FC0F-ECF1-4ED8-AD81-1B2AB3B0020E.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts

• 1 year later...