has anyone got out there lately?

I spoke to a couple of guys who went out today, they literally got nothing, said it was around 22 at the 12 mile, they were pulling lures all day, mainly east of browns going towards heatons, neither of them even got an knockdown, I told them its because they are not running Scent Blazers :)

I've been flat out with work, hoping to get out there next week, maybe Tuesday or Thursday

I also got some info from Merimbula, no Bluefin showing up yet and not many yellowfin either, They did get a run of football sized YFT about 6 weeks ago, so I'd say the tuna are still while away for Sydneysiders,

did anyone manage to get out there over the w/end? let us know how you went?

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

didnt go offshore but heard over the radio someone found a whale carcass with dollies and a 400kg tiger underneath. didnt sound like there were any fin around though. dunno what happened with the tiger. i think he called over a mate on another boat to hook it

Yes pete things seem quite at the moment, With little reports coming out, Went over to Dee Why yesterday for work and just before you go down the hill towards the SPIT BRIDGE, The water looked good over at North Head. Yes pete i can not wait to try some of your Lures when the Boat is up and running , Little behind at the moment just a bit. LOL.

reports from the Batemans bay tuna comp were very quiet, best thing caught was a good mako, one small Yf recorded and a few dollies recored (thats from the Batemans bay game fishing club report)

didnt go offshore but heard over the radio someone found a whale carcass with dollies and a 400kg tiger underneath. didnt sound like there were any fin around though. dunno what happened with the tiger. i think he called over a mate on another boat to hook it

Yes pete things seem quite at the moment, With little reports coming out, Went over to Dee Why yesterday for work and just before you go down the hill towards the SPIT BRIDGE, The water looked good over at North Head. Yes pete i can not wait to try some of your Lures when the Boat is up and running , Little behind at the moment just a bit. LOL.

reports from the Batemans bay tuna comp were very quiet, best thing caught was a good mako, one small Yf recorded and a few dollies recored (thats from the Batemans bay game fishing club report)

whale carcass is bound to a have a lot of fish on it, never found one off Sydney myself

chocolate your boat will get finished soon, and so will mine :)

bummer about batemans bay, there are some colder breaks off Sydney where the tuna might be, but they are a long way out, about double heatons, the blue and greenish spots on the map. So when they push in closer the tuna can't be too far away.

I will probably head out on Thursday

post-22587-0-57428800-1433685228_thumb.jpg

Went out yesterday mate just to take the new motor for a run and headed out to the 22km FAD off Port Hacking and there were more bait balls then birds out there.

Never seen so much bait from 5km to 22 km it was just bait everywhere. Trolled a few deep diver rapalas but nothing. Had a few bait get caught up on the lures all slimmeys. No Tuna sightings but I tell ya it will go off once they find that bait. Another month and it will be full steam ahead :banana:

Edited by Aqua Naut

Hey guys, that was us that found the whale carcass, did pretty well on the mountain, cubed for a couple of hours for 0.

Wind had started to pick up so we decided to start running home.

Saw a heap of birds sitting on the water, once we got closer we realized it was a dead whale.

That's when we seen the tiger shark, he was roughly 6m long.

There was another smaller tiger there at around the 200kg.

We sat there for a couple of hours watching these sharks and dolphin fish, honestly the best thing I have ever seen on the water.

post-18275-0-30524600-1433805277_thumb.png

post-18275-0-73773000-1433805289_thumb.png

post-18275-0-39355900-1433805303_thumb.png

post-18275-0-05374400-1433805323_thumb.png

Hey guys, that was us that found the whale carcass, did pretty well on the mountain, cubed for a couple of hours for 0.

Wind had started to pick up so we decided to start running home.

Saw a heap of birds sitting on the water, once we got closer we realized it was a dead whale.

That's when we seen the tiger shark, he was roughly 6m long.

There was another smaller tiger there at around the 200kg.

We sat there for a couple of hours watching these sharks and dolphin fish, honestly the best thing I have ever seen on the water.

that's cool, what's on the gaff?

I might be heading on Friday now, if anyone wants to come along send me a message

that's cool, what's on the gaff?

I might be heading on Friday now, if anyone wants to come along send me a message

Whale blubber that was floating in the water, we were thinking it would be to hard to switch the tiger off the whale onto something else.

This is where the tuna should be running which is a long way out from heatons. The trouble with all this info is the fish dont know about these charts and might just be anywhere so if you dont try you will never find out.

I'll be out trying around Heatons on Sunday on anyfin,

Ian if you want a ride out let me know

post-13246-0-05825300-1433999838_thumb.jpg

Thanks Gerry, I just signed my Sunday away, we're going to do a Sushi and Sashimi course at Potts Point......getting ready for the Tuna Season!

Also be aware when I'm out this year will possibly be on a different boat call sign. 'No Stress' for now, the mates 36 Luhrs we bought down from Brisbane

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk