has anyone got out there lately?

Hey guys, that was us that found the whale carcass, did pretty well on the mountain, cubed for a couple of hours for 0.

Wind had started to pick up so we decided to start running home.

Saw a heap of birds sitting on the water, once we got closer we realized it was a dead whale.

That's when we seen the tiger shark, he was roughly 6m long.

There was another smaller tiger there at around the 200kg.

We sat there for a couple of hours watching these sharks and dolphin fish, honestly the best thing I have ever seen on the water.

What an awesome shot adrian!!!! Correct me if im wrong but is that the tiger shark in action getting a chunk??? Something amazing to watch hey

Good luck to everyone going out .

I'm still hoping to get out on Sunday, it all depends If I can get any of our usual crew together.

If not we will be out during the week.

It seems to be easier to get our crew together during the week when your retired.

This is where the tuna should be running which is a long way out from heatons. The trouble with all this info is the fish dont know about these charts and might just be anywhere so if you dont try you will never find out.

I'll be out trying around Heatons on Sunday on anyfin,

Ian if you want a ride out let me know

yeah I agree, the likely fin spot would probably be about double Heatons, 80NM out. The only bad thing about Heatons this weekend is the altimetry is in a dead zone, it looks a bit better just a little east of Browns. I will probably troll up and down that green current line which is running around 2knts up to 5NM east of browns, hoping something shows up along it at some stage of the day.

low altimetry doesn't all always mean no fish either, we have caught fish in low altimetry before, so................. good luck

call sign: happy hooker, peter

post-22587-0-90787100-1434024105_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-36992300-1434024115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

What an awesome shot adrian!!!! Correct me if im wrong but is that the tiger shark in action getting a chunk??? Something amazing to watch hey

Thanks mate,

Yes that's the bigger sharks head having a feed, a sight we watched for 2.5 hours.

did it work, did the shark take the blubber?

We weren't completely sold on fighting one on 24kg, and at 4.30pm.

Experience on a large shark wasn't in our favor, but we did throw it back out, and lasted all of 10 seconds in the water before he came up and swallowed it.

We then threw a gemfish head out and he came within a meter or so of the side of the boat, but didn't eat it.

Guest no one

Just saw a 30kg tuna in my local fish n chip shop. Said they got it from the Sydney fish markets this morning. Must be close

Guys was out there today, pretty quiet a couple were seen towards heatons apparently, a loooong way out. I would save the fuel and wait a little longer. Surprisingly a marlin was caught in 75fthms out of manly.

Goodluck to all

Just listening in on the radio chatter.

Heard a Sydney boat that was fishing about 80m east off Sydney scored 1 x yellowfinn apporx 80 kgs last night and a bluefin this morning.

Here hoping the current swings in over the next week to bring them in.

Just listening in on the radio chatter.

Heard a Sydney boat that was fishing about 80m east off Sydney scored 1 x yellowfinn apporx 80 kgs last night and a bluefin this morning.

Here hoping the current swings in over the next week to bring them in.

cool, yeah that's where I reckon they would be 80nm out. yeah if that cold edge pushes in another 40nm if would be off heatons

Dont know of any fish caught off sydney. Regarding the 80kg yellowfin. I rhink that may of been caught wide of Bermi by a rec boat fishing for swords. Fish was swimming around boat at sunset. 90kg I think.post-13466-0-35003400-1434277727_thumb.jpg

Apparently quite a few fish lost wide off Sydney.Odd albie caught biggest 8kg. Also marlin seen here and there.

Edited by finin

Dont know of any fish caught off sydney. Regarding the 80kg yellowfin. I rhink that may of been caught wide of Bermi by a rec boat fishing for swords. Fish was swimming around boat at sunset. 90kg I think.attachicon.gif11539025_920832674647540_6379316585044322154_o.jpg

Apparently quite a few fish lost wide off Sydney.Odd albie caught biggest 8kg. Also marlin seen here and there.

not sure about Sydney, we didn't hear anyone getting anything over the radio on Saturday when we were out, might have been fish caught on Sunday

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures