NE Heatons

dogbox

Just a quick report

Headed out on Fin Finder today for a area NE of Heatons looking for the temp break.

Temperature didn't change much pretty steady between 20.5 and 20.9

Radio reported a short bill caught 15nm inside of browns early morning

A few small tuna caught all throw backs, not a lot bait wide

All the action seams to be west of browns in the still warmer water 21.6 on the shelf edge

Weather 3 seasons in one day swell under 2 no wave chop little wind water not as blue as I would expect for this time of year.

Guess well have to wait a little longer for the cold current, back out in around two weeks.

dogbox

Edited by dogbox

We made NE of Heatons 1250 Fathoms about 110km from botany before turning for home

Two others where wider with nil results im just making a estimate basted on GPS map and skippers location advice

dogbox

Yar its a long day we put in full 12 hours and when you decide to turn for home you really wish it was less than an hour away

I'm not a regular to the shelf I only go when some call up requiring a decky but it really is another level in the pushing the boundaries in alloy 7m boat not to mention there is some thing really special in the Blue Water.

Jervis Bay is where i like to go alot quicker to get to the shelf. As soon as the reports start of Blue Fin I'm off the JB for a few days

dogbox