First Aussie Sambo!

adamski

Hey Raiders,

I had an hour or two free this arvo for a quick flick whilst the girlfriend was out. I was tossing up where to go to maximise the amount of productive fishing time and decided to choose Iron Cove. Started off at the canal entrance. First few casts of ye olde Zman Grubz and nothing, then on the tenth cast or so I get a good take and feel some reasonable weight. The fish came to the surface and I caught sight of greeny-blue and silver thought it was maybe a decent sized tailor. Then all of a sudden this thing jumps out of the water! It's a salmon! The thing starts going mental leaping all over the place and going on a decent run, so I'm practically in the water holding the rod out as far as I can to stop the 3 lb braid getting shredded on the oysters! Eventually it settles down and I manage to get it in the net. 48 cm on the brag mat, a quick snap and it's released.

post-33473-0-88112900-1434181330_thumb.jpgpost-33473-0-00636600-1434181374_thumb.jpg

I've never gone out to target salmon before, but I might need to start having an occasional spin for them- they're a lot of fun.

Thanks for reading!

Adam