Heading out on Saturday from Sydney.

FFM

Latest reports put the fish just north of JB on that colder edge. Good luck guys let us know how you get on. 8th - 16th of July is my pick of the days for really good fishing off Sydney. Don't believe the charts to much.. we were out Monday with all the charts showing water pouring up from the south giving us a false sense of the water. In reality it was pushing 2 knots downhill and to our surprise the charts dramaticlly changed in 24 hrs showing that water flowing south. Get out there guys and report back 24hr real time reports. As the old story goes... its hard to ctach them tied up to the wharf.... good luck over the weekend. Southern canyons 5 miles south in 800 fathoms would be my pick for Sunday.

Cheers

Damo

Well headed out to the southern canyons with a great team on a great day, breeze was from the sw at about 14 kts a little higher than we were expecting. Water temp range between 19.2 to 20.4. Got to 800 fathom mark and had not turned a reel. I then went and had a sleep as we head North back to Browns. Heard a few boats getting albacore at the Kiama canyons. But we did not turn a reel all day. Stopped at Browns for one of the boys to have a bottom bash. Saw a great 30kg blue eye Trevalley been pulled in on the boat neck door to us. Great trip back from Browns with the seas turning to glass from the shelf to the heads. All in all a great day out, great weather, great blokes just the fish were on school holidays.