batfishing

Altimetry and Charts

Scent Blazer and a few of the other guys who are more into this might like to comment. This snapshot is from Fishtrack this morning. Am I understanding this correctly, the water to me off JB looks good?

If I understand the convo on Altimetry correctly the area between those two bathtub swirls would be the place to hit?

Or the northern edge of the northern whirlpool, where there is also a temp break running.post-9465-14359643052891_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

G'day Ian Bat, sorry to not provide any answers, but add another question - when reading those charts, is the 30 line higher or lower than 0? Just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My understanding is that's correct. Fishtrack call it sea height. In the other thread this week, scent blazer described it as bath water draining down the plug hole.

I fish where my captain takes me, I like the point about 6-7 arrows out from Kiama / Shellharbour. Not sure of the depth and contours in that area though. It's a point where everything is converging, hopefully including the fish big and small.

The big temp breaks sometimes catch more fishermen than fish.

Yes the tight line areas are the go. You want your blue/purple and red areas. The blue areas are upwellings hence bringing nutrients to the surface creating more life. However you want to be fishing in those transition areas where the two different areas (highs & lows) meet and squeeze together. Working both sides of this main transition area can produce fish.

Cheers

Damo

Scent Blazer and a few of the other guys who are more into this might like to comment. This snapshot is from Fishtrack this morning. Am I understanding this correctly, the water to me off JB looks good?

If I understand the convo on Altimetry correctly the area between those two bathtub swirls would be the place to hit?

Or the northern edge of the northern whirlpool, where there is also a temp break running.attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1435964301.765128.jpg

I tried FishTrack last week for the first time. i don't think their maps are as good as rip charts for altimetry, it doesn't have as much detail.

But looking at your map, i would say the best spot is off Batemans Bay, what your looking for is the thick black lines with "0" on it. So at zero, you have low water on one side and high on the other, zero is the transition zone. Either side and on zero lines is where you want to be. If those zero spots are not within range i would go to somewhere the water is a minus, -10, -20, but avoid the high water areas 20 or higher.

i have drawn a red line on a rip chart map, a little either side of the red line and on the red line is where you want to be

post-22587-0-84753500-1436011471_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures