Entrance sat with plastics

Camo1808

Hi raiders.

So me and my mate braved the freezing cold temps and water slowly getting colder on sat hitting the entrance at sun up. We launched the yaks at 6.15 and soon as we got to our spot it was blowing a gail so we decided to go to a different spot with no success on the plastics just annoying little bream on the bait.

Few hiurs later we decided to head back to our spot around 9ish and what a paddle that was but boy did it pay off.

We got to our spot and first cast i was on. A nice 42cm flatty on board.

4380f1a88121afca4237866982db39f6.jpg

2 casts later i was on again this one going shy of 40. Then my mate hooked on his 3rd cast.

Instant thiught thinking beauty we have hit the money maker.

Then no hook ups for 30mins so we pulled up anchor and rowed 50m up stream and then pulled in another 6 within 30min.

It was like every time we moved we caught 3-5 within 30-40min then nothing till we moved 30m up stream haha.

All in all caught 24 flattied within about 5 hours. All between 23cmand 54cm.

Kept 6 just for a big barby with our families. Was bloody beaut!!!

All flatties were caught on 2.5" grubZ.

9886db8ce4d0148ea742e0ef29e9972f.jpg

Cheers for reading.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Edited by Camo1808

Haha thanks jenno. I actually remember saying to my mate when we were paddling to this spot i said alright lets stay here and be patient on this spot. I said lets give it the time and respect it deserves hahahahah

Guest 4myson

Well done boys , what a great outing . Going from the fishing reports everything was Quiet out there ! Glad it didn't apply to you fellas ...

Well done boys , what a great outing . Going from the fishing reports everything was Quiet out there ! Glad it didn't apply to you fellas ...

Yeah nah it didnt apply. it was just persistence paid off and very luck the fish were around. We were so stoked

Guest stephanb79

Well done mate love fishing with plastics and blades! !!! Im heading up for the fist time on the boat on saturday try and find some my self but dont know the area

Well done Camo. I was out there on Sat and saw you guys cruising by. We also caught plenty on Sat (mainly little throwbacks) but they all but disappeared on Sun. You'd love to know what makes them tick!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha yeah thats fishing for ya but i suppose. Its what keeps us going back for more.

Stephan please send me a pm i will probably head out again sat me and my mate. Might be able to meet up i can share some local knowledge. Cheers

That's a great session.

It must have been cool to find them, again and again.

You gotta love fresh flathead.

Well done.

Yeah it was a great feeling gettin consistent hook ups

Great effort Cammo 1808 when the rest of us were tucked up in bed .........well I was anyway

any chance of telling us what the plastic was you were using at the time.

And did you deep in hot water first.... :mfr_lol:

regards woy woy col :)

Great effort Cammo 1808 when the rest of us were tucked up in bed .........well I was anyway

any chance of telling us what the plastic was you were using at the time.

And did you deep in hot water first.... :mfr_lol:

regards woy woy col :)

Haha nah the action was hot enough col ;) and was using 2.5" grubZ. Also used bloodworms but to no hook up

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Camo I am only on the start of my journey with plastic's I got some 2.5 engine oil grubZ. and 10g 3/0 HeadlockZ might have to put a swivel and sinker up the line if I can not get down quick enough

It is my intention is to try them out at rip in Brisbane Water on Sat or Sun this weekend very rough bottom but it is a small tide so my plan is hit the bottom lift quickley and just YO/ YO the water is shallow right on top of the rip and there are some faults going through the reef. I seen fish on the sounder last week but the tide was racing at the time.

woy woy col :)

Hi Camo I am only on the start of my journey with plastic's I got some 2.5 engine oil grubZ. and 10g 3/0 HeadlockZ might have to put a swivel and sinker up the line if I can not get down quick enough

It is my intention is to try them out at rip in Brisbane Water on Sat or Sun this weekend very rough bottom but it is a small tide so my plan is hit the bottom lift quickley and just YO/ YO the water is shallow right on top of the rip and there are some faults going through the reef. I seen fish on the sounder last week but the tide was racing at the time.

woy woy col :)

Hey col. Would love to catch up one time and i can show you a good spot that is consistent to get you started on plastics and used to the way they swim and feels of bites and things like that. Send me a pm both being coasties will be easy to catch up. Cheers

I have found plastics are great as long as you have the right colour for the day. I have caught some great flathead in looking glass bay with the things. Mind you there are days I would have been equally as successful with a photograph of a live squid on the hook.