Thursday Tuna.

batfishing

Long day today, left home at 0430 to meet Gerry over at Newport, we were loaded up and out of the Marina by 0630, quick stop on the way to pick John up off his boat. Which made a total,of 4 of us on board. Gerry, Karl, John and myself

And then out wits a fairly stiff breeze blowing, which dropped by the time we were 2/3 to Browns.

We dropped the lures in at Browns and started the troll.

We quickly had a strike, and dropped an albie on the deck. We only just got the lines back in and had a solid 3way. Unfortunately dropped 2 but had one around 40kg on the deck.

Lines back in and a strike before we had them all set, a solid fish of around 20-25kg.

So by 1035 we had an albacore and 2 YFT's on the deck.

We actually joked about calling it quits, but realistically we wanted at least one solid fish to put Karl on, and Gerry wanted a Bluefin, so on we pushed.

What happened after 1130, were just not sure, but it shut down, there was no birds, no whales, no free jumpers.

At 2.30 we had a 4 way hit with Albies, which got the blood pumping again.

We pushed on to 3 and then decided to call it quits on a great day.

Good company, great water, and fish.post-9465-14364444032874_thumb.jpgpost-9465-14364444278986_thumb.jpgpost-9465-1436444449225_thumb.jpgpost-9465-14364444805548_thumb.jpgpost-9465-14364444979056_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Great to see you get into the early ones this season boys! Sounds like a great session Ian and great to see Gerry get to reel a fish in too!

Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Hi Jeff

Note the stile I think I've been watching too many hot tuna shows

Yes Jeff,

We had to tell Gerry to get 'reel' the acting he was doing with the outfit!

He took John along to drive the boat, so he could fish, which would have been fine if he hadn't decided to send John down to clean my fish, and he took over the helm..........we had a good bite to that point!!

Yeah, I'll rub it in Gerry...someone has to! And will you get those engine revs right!

Yes Jeff,

We had to tell Gerry to get 'reel' the acting he was doing with the outfit!

He took John along to drive the boat, so he could fish, which would have been fine if he hadn't decided to send John down to clean my fish, and he took over the helm..........we had a good bite to that point!!

Yeah, I'll rub it in Gerry...someone has to! And will you get those engine revs right!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote

Ian it takes a lot of talent to drive off the fish when your on a good bite.

Besides it looked like you needed a rest.

[quote name="Ian Bat (Roadrunner Parts)"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk[/quote

Ian it takes a lot of talent to drive off the fish when your on a good bite.

Besides it looked like you needed a rest.

Ok,I have no comeback or defence........I said I didn't want the 37kg outfit, and tried to pass it to everyone else,!

Not a problem

It's a shorter run from there so I can get up later.

Next Thursday looks good weather wise

At this stage Thursday is starting to look like a plan, I have a meeting in the city on Wednesday

At this stage Thursday is starting to look like a plan, I have a meeting in the city on Wednesday

Go work ya bum