Looking for some boat fishing help

kiwicraig

Evening Raiders,

My name is Craig and I am 40. I've been fishing land based around Sydney as time permits for the last 8 years or so and brought my first boat earlier this year. I've been entirely self taught and have learned a lot by reading, watching videos basically trying new things.

While I have some success my results are fairly mixed. I would really like to spend some time learning boat fishing skills and tactics from someone who has the knowledge share.

Some things I am specifically wanting to improve are:

• Finding and catching bait species
  • Winter snapper
  • Trolling, jigging and other techniques that you can only do from a boat

I am based near Woy Woy and generally fish in Brisbane Waters, Lower Hawksbury and just outside Broken Bay.

I can fish most Sundays and I am flexible on time, but could also do an evening session on a week night if planned ahead.

I have my own gear (though may need more for some of the things listed above) and boat (older model 5m half cabin). I am also happy to go on someone else's boat if that is easier. Happy to share costs for fuel and bait either way.

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Craig. Unfortunately. I'm not in the right area to fish with you. Further I still consider myself very much a learner. ( have only had my boat 18 months) .

But I would say upping my skills has been a steady mix of 3 things. In order.

1 asking questions. Then getting out there and trying and refining.

2 buddying up with other Raiders or fishos who are in the same position and learning together ( it's stunning how much you can pick up from someone who also considers them selves a junior but complements your missing experience.

3 out right mentoring. Occasionally you will find someone who is in the right area. With the skills. Experience and time to give you those massive steps up.

I hope you get some replies. But don't be put off the idea of trying something new with another fisho trying to do the same.

Steve

Thanks Steve,

Some great advice there. I am happy to share what I do know. I have has reasonable success with flathead on the drift and have a few tricks for coaxing out bream when other tactics are not working :)

Cheers,

Craig

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guest 4myson

Hey Craig , I'll be up there for this weekend's Hairtail Social (Sign up if you haven't already) . We will be targeting Hairtail & hopefully Jews At night . Which gives us the days to get out & fish for every other species . I'm no expert at fishing Hawksbury but I do have my spots I fish regulary with success (bread & butter species) & I'll only be more than happy to have you follow us around or jump onboard our boat if there's room to show you spots I fish & rigs I use ....

Edited by 4myson