If you could only run two lures, which ones.?

Ok. It's taken a couple of weeks but...

I don't see any point is asking for advice and then not listening.

Thanks to everyone for replying and those who pmd me with advice.

I have to thank Mark - boattart for his advice. Checking over my rigs and lure donations. Still mentoring me.

Also a huge thanks to Peter - scent blazer who has been in constant pm with me since raising this post. Offered great advice. Great deal. And took me out last Sunday to show me how he fishes with his lures. It was like the fishing equivalent of meeting heston blumenthal!!! Good onya Pete.

5c55021aa597f01fd0d3568e89dc41c5.jpg

The JB dingo is on it way.

f5a1ab9f09f8fdb8cd4018c5a1f73049.jpg

I just need to get these puppies wet now!!! Looking forward to posting my first big game report.

Thanks again.

Steve.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummmm. I hadn't mentioned the random Purchases before raising the question here.

My starter collection is more like this.

010ee96099112a8676f0f2d45ab7e8e8.jpg

I definitely don't need any more!!!!

No sir!

Hey Mark, how's that enquirers about the Joe yee going????

Ian. I'm with you all the way till you say 4 - 5 spread.

Then my boat size becomes an issue and I'm stumped.

2 lures at a time. for me in my little tin boat. Pushing my limits for that next size up fish.

Hopefully my newly recommended skirts can produce the goods.

Im in same boat (pun intended) as you... Most of my game fishing is from friends bigger boat but on occasion id like to troll in my own. I have lures and a 15kg and a 24kg rods. I also have a 80lb jigging rod that with 600m braid ill probably use to run the hard body and then run 2 skirts off the 2 game rods.

Otherwise when pulling livies at the closer in bait grounds, 2 rods is more than enough.

really isn't worth the expense of more rods and outriggers, not until I get that explorer 685 with twin yammies and full compliment of tiagra's........... one can dream right?

The more you have the harder it is to choose but you've seen my collection and sometimes leaving one in the roll is a bit like having to pick which child you leave at home on game day.

As I sit here rigging 2 new ones.

Edited by boattart

When we were at Coffs Harbour, laying over when we bought the mates boat down from Queensland. Ww visited that big tackle store up there..................now wasn't that a mistake, for god's sake, who puts 14" Pakulas fully rigged on special at $44..................resulted in having to buy another roll

Yes. It would be good to fish with you again Ian.

I'm with you swifty. A few hundred for rods and lures will have to suffice for now.

Yes I've seen you collection Mark. You do know the first step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem???

Steve. I'm pretty sure you've got a good handle on the choice.

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Exactly, If you do buy more game reels/rods then your obliged to buy a bigger boat, for safety reasons as you cant fish offshore in a 5.5m boat, and that would require a bigger 4x4 to tow it, so ill just have to get the wife to sell a few of her horses and get a second job as ill have to work less to make sure all this money im spending is not going to waste... Not sure of my chances!!

I'm with you swifty. A few hundred for rods and lures will have to suffice for now.

Exactly, If you do buy more game reels/rods then your obliged to buy a bigger boat, for safety reasons as you cant fish offshore in a 5.5m boat, and that would require a bigger 4x4 to tow it, so ill just have to get the wife to sell a few of her horses and get a second job as ill have to work less to make sure all this money im spending is not going to waste... Not sure of my chances!!

It's vicious cycle.

Hi NaCIH20KG, If you are still trying to get Joe Yee lures I might be able to help. I have been retired from Game Fishing, bream flathead and small fish is my new outlet.The attached photos showing lures will be sold off in the near future a few will be kept as have to many great memories. As mentioned there is Joe Yee , BART, Marlin Magic, JB , Pakula , Moldcraft , Zukers , Williams and others . I still have other lures not shown. A great amount of them are brand new and fully rigged as per Agfa rules. Also I will be getting rid off all my gear to much to mention. The gear I will be selling on Fishraider soon.post-20076-0-89436900-1439442687_thumb.jpg

post-20076-0-96019100-1439442732_thumb.jpg

Yeh Mate, if you look at the BART bag top 3 pockets all but 1 Lure all Joe Yee lures. And there is couple bubbles together brand new .

Same colour configuration got a record for best lure colour for lasting 5 mins at Interclub Port Stephens 1 year lost to massive Blue Marlin I had a new one Shipped in before the next week by plane . Talked the lure up for a couple of weeks before tournament the next week was called off because weather . I never got to use it. And now am retired as mentioned will reply to your Pm as soon as work out price. Not trying to talk up these lures don't have to.