If you could only run two lures, which ones.?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chucks , don't mean to tease any one . Just got in on one of last shipments from Joe Yee through Bill Heaton before the tackle shop closed down after he sold. Got the PM just give me time to work out cost a bit of research to keep it reasonable. I will still try to help you and NACIH20K9 with the lures . But the rest will be put on sale in the correct section of Fishraider when I have had time to go through the lot. When it comes to no 1 lure , there are favourites but I would have to say where . Pakula Medium sprocket has been probably the most productive all round lure for Sydney, Bermagui and Port Stephens for myself . This lure seems to be the rite size and has caught stripe , black , small blue marlin , all types of tuna , dolphin fish if it swims I have caught it with this lure. Favourite colours would be Lumo, Blue Angel , Blue Hawian , Dorado. If you have a good look at the photo of all the lures . You will notice one bag full of one type and heaps of different combinations . That bag is full of med sprockets that will definitely not be sold as I think it will stay with me and a small amount of other lures for life.

Picked you were a pakula fan. I can see 6 heads scattered around that I might be interested in because the 200 I already have aren't enough.

Ever noticed how much better the boat runs when you take it out without the lure selection!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed the Pakula medium sprocket in Lumo would be one of the lures - we have been running the new jet head style and it catches everything. The second lure which we believe has more strikes than any other lure over the past 5 seasons is the Prowler models from Black Bart - Either the bigger St Thomas Prowler or the smaller Tahitian prowler. They have an amazing head shake and the jets produce a long bubble trail. They can be run anywhere in your spread and will hang in in any conditions. Steve i would definitely add 1 of each to your collection.

Cheers

Damo

Yeh Damo, There is 2 in the Bart bag that came from compleat angler from there first order . Just needed them after looking at them , but the Pakula' s have won more trophies for me Port Hacking 50th ann, Botany Bay, Bermagui yellowfin comp. Got serious for a couple of years and won all before forced retirement at 35 , 2007. Also would never get rid of my custom leather bound Ian Miller strokers they will end up on the wall of the man cave with there Tiagras and a gold lure I won for the 50th.

I ran a lumo sprocket in long rigger position and it definitely raised plenty of fish but couldnt get them to stick, really annoying.

What other position would u run the blue evil lure colour in the sprocket?

Chucks, I have some sketches of lures and best positions that I put together when I spent a lot of time fishing and decking on boats for extra cash I was very lucky. When we work the other lure out i will gladly give you a copy . But also remember conditions as it depends on the day . Fished on a lot of boats plus my own and if you are lure fishing you should work hard our success depended on how much we worked the lures.

Agreed the Pakula medium sprocket in Lumo would be one of the lures - we have been running the new jet head style and it catches everything. The second lure which we believe has more strikes than any other lure over the past 5 seasons is the Prowler models from Black Bart - Either the bigger St Thomas Prowler or the smaller Tahitian prowler. They have an amazing head shake and the jets produce a long bubble trail. They can be run anywhere in your spread and will hang in in any conditions. Steve i would definitely add 1 of each to your collection. Hi Damo, sorry mate mixed them up with the OZ Prowler.

Cheers

Damo

post-20076-0-49073100-1439525913_thumb.jpg