HAIRTAIL LIVE REPORT FROM THE HAWKESBURY 2015

mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 4myson

Good Mourning Fellow Raiders . For those waking up & not see me or Anthony around "DONT PANIC ". As I Did ....Just after 1 this mourning he woke me & said he wasn't feeling too well & shortly after the little fella supplied enough Burley to supply all of Hawksbury & a little on himself the poor thing . I don't know how he didn't get any on the boat???? After a change of clothes I Felt his head & to me he felt like he was Burning up ?? So up with the anchor & we set off home . Just got home Checked his temp & his fine . After a quick shower He asked if we could head back !!!! What a LEGEND !!!! Now his fast asleep in his Bed ... Maybe I shouldn't have Freaked out & we would have still been in Great Company ..( Kids What do you do ) Any way guys it was A Pleasure to finally meet everyone & sorry to pack up & leave in the middle of the night . A special thanks to Stewie & Donna plus all others involved for a Great Event . Thanks Harold for the Prize Money (Sadly we will be missing out & Sound Asleep) And a special thanks to Ed , Mark and Scratchie for the company over the nights ..We'll meet again soon & we'll keep in touch . (You guys have to consider yourselves lucky Me & Anthony wont be there to collect the prize MONEY ) LOL...... "I WAS ON A ROLL"

Edited by 4myson

Good Mourning Fellow Raiders . For those waking up & not see me or Anthony around "DONT PANIC ". As I Did ....Just after 1 this mourning he woke me & said he wasn't feeling too well & shortly after the little fella supplied enough Burley to supply all of Hawksbury & a little on himself the poor thing . I don't know how he didn't get any on the boat???? After a change of clothes I Felt his head & to me he felt like he was Burning up ?? So up with the anchor & we set off home . Just got home Checked his temp & his fine . After a quick shower He asked if we could head back !!!! What a LEGEND !!!! Now his fast asleep in his Bed ... Maybe I shouldn't have Freaked out & we would have still been in Great Company ..( Kids What do you do ) Any way guys it was A Pleasure to finally meet everyone & sorry to pack up & leave in the middle of the night . A special thanks to Stewie & Donna plus all others involved for a Great Event . Thanks Harold for the Prize Money (Sadly we will be missing out & Sound Asleep) And a special thanks to Ed , Mark and Scratchie for the company over the nights ..We'll meet again soon & we'll keep in touch . (You guys have to consider yourselves lucky Me & Anthony wont be there to collect the prize MONEY ) LOL...... "I WAS ON A ROLL"

I am sorry you had that happen. Having had 5 kids I can relate to what happened. Glad he is all ok and that is the main thing. There is always another Fishraider get together.

Edited by harold

No worries sasha! It was great to meet you and your son Anthony too! What a trooper he his. Mate we went to bed earlier than the old people lol but I got up about 1130 and changed baits 30secs later bang! Nic one on 4lb gear. I woke the boys up and landed. Back to bed got up just now and dropped another after changing baits! Hmmm might be something in that.

Anyway, you have my number and feel free to ring when your heading my way and need a 4mydecky!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well done sean! First fish of the comp won the weekend and in true gentlemen fashion he donated his prize back to others! What a champion!

Thanks go to Harold, sean and Lisa and the swordies for a great weekend. :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

P.s sorry I forgot to clean the BBQ again!

What a great weekend with great people. My son said "Dad we caught nothing" I replied "we may have caught nothing but we left with plenty". See you all at the next fabulous social and a giant thanks to Donna, Stewie, the mods and every one who turned up on a cold and windy weekend dead smack in the middle of a freezing winter in Sydney.

Well done Yarraone, on all levels. Ed, you must have been close. Well done to you, too. Congratulations to Little Scratchie. Dad's got some real competition now. A great comp from here everyone. Gutted I couldn't make it at the last, but had a ton of fun on the follow. Between the cricket and the fishing, one helluva good weekend.

Hi everyone. ... firstly would like the thank you for holding the event and secondly for the hospitality of Stewart and Donna who made us feel very welcome, and also all you fellow raiders was nice meeting all of you, aslo thank you for all the helpful hints and tricks we will be able to use along the way, U Unfortunately we didnt catch anything last night for Stephan and i it was all about the experience and yes we will be back next year !!!!

Guest stephanb79

Hi guys

What can i say DAMM i had fun!!!

A big thank you to Stewart and Donna for your hospitality it was great THANK YOU...

It was great to meet all of you fishraiders i hope to catch up soon again for a fish anytime just pm me .and thanks sydneyfisher12 and his dad and thefisherman6784 for a great time we had fun but they caught all my hairtail we did even get one ☺☺☺☺ all night but im not giving up and im going to do it all again in two weeks so if any of you guys want to join me feel free to come !!!!

Thanks guys for the experience

Guest 4myson

Thanks to everyone for the concern & well wishes .... I Woke up around noon today (Anthony still asleep) now I have the chore that comes with any great outing "TIME TO CLEAN THE BOAT" .. I had to take off in a hurry last nite & I had planned to share my catch with those fellow raiders who Lucked Out ... So if any raiders around western Sydney are keen to know what Hairtail taste like just PM . I've got 5 spare to go around .... They've been sitting in a nice ice slurry all weekend . Just let me know by this evening before I Freeze them ... ( don't know if they freeze well ) So guys fresh is best !!!!

Edited by 4myson

Thanks Stewie and Donna great seeing you again ,sorry for not being there for breckie this morning we had to take off too many things to do but it was great fun all night and it wasn't too cold. It's a great social event congratz to the winners and sponsors :-)

Awesome Social !!!! with great people and good weather what more could you ask.

Congrats to all the winners and first time captures of Hairtail .

Big thanks to Harold from HBA LEARNING for his generosity to the site and Yarraone for winning the social and giving his prize to others too good mate.

Thanks to Lisa ,Scratchie,Tef for helping out which makes our life easier and Donna who makes every single social so special...thanks heaps honey xx

Back again for sure next year and to all who were there CAAACAAAAAAAA CAAAAACCCCAAAAAAAA CCCCCAAACCCCAAAAAA

Bloody awesome event.

Fantastic company, great laughs and good fun.

Thanks to everyone to who made it possible, the swordies for organising it and the people who made it so memorable.

I didn't manage to boat a hairtail this year, but that didn't stop me having a great weekend.

Thanks to Teflon especially for the taxi service, the company and putting up with the two of us not knowing what we were doing.

Sorry I didn't make it to the mothership for the weigh-ins - ed and I enjoyed a few drinks the night before and in the morning, I was a bit rough!

I'll post a full report later, but I'll say this now. I'll be back next year with a vengeance to get my first hairtail!

Edited by amkr

Great social again this year! I loved it

Lots of laughs and luckily for me and seamus, some good fish

We dropped heaps but still managed to boat 4

Unfortunately Seamus could have caught (approx.) the 2nd place hairtail but it had at least 20cm of its tail bitten off, if not more! Compared to others caught it would have been the biggest for us but anyway big thanks to Stewy, Donna, and the mods

We'll be back next year for some more action and laughs!

Cheers Gianni

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once again a great event. Big thanks to Stewy and Donna and all the sponsor's.

No Hairtail for DiggaDan and me but we had a great time and not cold as we expected.s A huge thanks to Seamus and Gianni who graciously donated one of their Hairtail. Dan was rapped and his dad is going to cook it for him .thanks boys .

Looking forward to next year .

Cheers snr

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk