I'm heading out tomorrow! Who is going?

pnoddie

I am heading out tomorrow, the weather looks best tomorrow, I got one person coming along so far, if anyone wants to come I can take one or 2 more (I know it's extremely short notice), message me or txt me if you know my number

heading about 10NM SE of Browns at this stage, there is a current edge, temp break, and ok altimetry there according to the charts, will check SSTs again in the morning

call sign "Happy Hooker 2"

Peter

gonna head SE of browns about 10 miles or east of southern canyons as a starting point, there is a break there that goes to 19 and its the edge of the current

will check again tomorrow before heading out, looks good off Wollongong as well

post-22587-0-72119100-1437300327_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

yeah, personally I think ripcharts has better maps, I complained to ripcharts about that premium thing and they seemed to have removed it, everything is accessible again (I probably wasn't the only one complaining :))

I'm leaving later, probably rounding the heads around 10am, but we will be staying to the death, unless we get a fish early

I'm happy hooker 2, remember 2, I think there is another happy hooker out there

good luck to you all, hope you get a big tooona

How did it look out there today fellas?

Thinking about heading out tomorrow morning.

If it's quiet wide i'll stick to chasing snapper but if the YFT are back on the chew we'll head wide.

Any reports from today would be much appreciated.

How did it look out there today fellas?

Thinking about heading out tomorrow morning.

If it's quiet wide i'll stick to chasing snapper but if the YFT are back on the chew we'll head wide.

Any reports from today would be much appreciated.

I have seen a pic of a 85kg Stripe marlin weighed in today caught at the 12mile, also same source says 25-30kg yft other side of Browns.

Good luck

I head on the radio a few yellow fin were caught on the tide change and a fair few albacore

did you guys get anything, we got a few stripped tuna and hooked one albacore, we heard a couple boats saying they got fin and some getting albies, a lot were saying they got nothing as well

I didn't hear anything about the marlin over the radio, the water was pretty cold over the 12mile 18.5, I heard a few guys get kings on the jig there

we got to the heads around 10, it took us over 2 hrs to get the browns, really choppy on the way out, wasted a lot of time getting there. We did find an amazing break about 15NM SE of Browns, heaps of sharks and tuna birds along it, tonnes of crap and kelp along the edge of the it, I wish I had got there earlier I would have spent most of my time there, 20.2 to 19 instantly

I cubed east of southern canyons had makos at the boat and got sick of catching Albies. Catch and release on albies lol kept a couple for a feed let the rest go and had fun catching them. Lotsa yellowfin caught but not by me unfortunately. The day panned out beautifully late arvo.

we found that same hard break off Gong yesterday... was rapids with the currents colliding with the crap caught in middle with huindreds birds...we were sure we were going to score..

we did laps along it with a trailer boat passing eachother on way...after about 4 laps they stopped and had hooked up and looked like a decent fish fighting for maybe hour..dont know if they ended up getting it or pulling hooks..( was a green trophy boat)

we got a decent hit on one rigger but hooks did not stick

ended up heading back up north a bit for arvo tide change and cube SE of browns and only got few small albies although there were some YFT taken in that area during day

by late arvo was glass out for trip home comepared to bumpy ride out

we found that same hard break off Gong yesterday... was rapids with the currents colliding with the crap caught in middle with huindreds birds...we were sure we were going to score..

we did laps along it with a trailer boat passing eachother on way...after about 4 laps they stopped and had hooked up and looked like a decent fish fighting for maybe hour..dont know if they ended up getting it or pulling hooks..( was a green trophy boat)

ended up heading back up north a bit for arvo tide change and cube SE of browns and only got few small albies although there were some YFT taken in that area during day

bummer your hookup didn't stick, if the other boat was on it for an hour, good chance it was a big Bluefin

yeah it was an amazing break, birds, sharks, dolphins, kelp and crap washed up everywhere on it, if it wasn't for the chop on way out we would have to got to it sooner, we only got 2hrs trolling on it before having to head back. We drove over a huge bronze whaler there, I just happened to be on the ladder looking down when it swam under the boat.

Definitely would spent most of my day at that break hoping for Bluefin showup. It looked the most likely place that we came across to get one.

Was pretty quiet out there yesterday. We ended up with a bunch of Albies but couldn't find any YFT. Sounded some good fish 5 NM east of browns early before pushing south to find some colder water.

Found a really nice temp brake in a similar area which had two long lines in it. Looked very promising but it wasn't to be.

The radio was pretty quiet all day. Ambition ended up with 5 YFT and we heard a good size Dollie was caught early NE of browns.

That was us in the green trophy, we landed an approx 50kg YFT. We thought for sure it was a SBT, considering I had a reading of 17.5 degrees at one stage.