Trolling Skirts AND Divers same time

Been trying to troll skirts and divers at the same time - a mixed bag to cover all options

the divers are halco pro lasers or rapala magnums

but usually everytime the divers get skipped across the water as the speed is too fast. any slower and the skirts don't do their bubble thing. usually going @ about 15kmh atleast.

Is the trick to get some high speed trolling divers?

Edited by kulch

Rapalas can be tricky and sometimes need to be tuned by twisting their tow point particularly after being bent catching a fish. Laser Pros should be ok but again sometime get bent after a fish. the other issue could be your rigging. They need to be rigged on a loose loop but not so big and bulky that the water displaced by the knot or crimp will unbalance the lure.

Speed wise you sound about right but you could make you skirts run better by lifting thee tow height. Do you have an overhead rod rack? Before I got outriggers I used Broomsticks with a length of blind cord in the rod racks to lift the tow point of lures and give them more action.

The last option is to try bibless minnows or there are some oversized blade lures with a lot of weight that troll well too and will handle more speed.

Guest no one

To be honest I go at the max speed that the divers can take, and have the skirts well back in the spread, it works for me, but the skirts I'm using to do this are pretty small models!

I was getting constant dollys, skipjack last year and most hit the skirt and not the diver!

hi I took the trebles off and replaced them with a single hook on the front of the diver and rigged it on 150pnd wire dosnt seem to deter fish and the x wrap 30s will hold in at 12 knots plus and if you put it in the water beside the boat only 10cm under it still holds in at 10 knots plus

try it

Sailfish