FRIDAY FINS

Raysway

Just an update lasted till late yesterday and now thanks to nurse donna I am ok at the moment........I didn't know I could spew like that OMG!

Stewy's migranes only occur once a year - very rarely luckily. There seems to be no obvious trigger for him.

He is easily managed by going to sleep in the dark, quiet room and some anti-emetic and analgesic helps him through it.

I know of many people that have severe problems and need regular medication and alternative therapies to exist in some normal daily life.

Sorry Raysway we seem to have hijacked this thread :offtopic: back to the fins :)

All good Mr sword fisherman , after all this site is to share around info, that hopefully benefits others.

I did go out Friday, conditions were awesome , trolled south east of browns for zeros, so i headed back to browns for a few bottom drops , I had around 10 boys come round for a evening BBQ.

Landed 2 huge gem fish , which was the talk of the night.

I have caught and eaten many diffrent species of fish including other countries, all boys agreed that gem fish (if cooked certain ways ) is a very high end table eating fish.

Yes its true, we tagged 1 mako on the mountain, fighting it on the electric reel, iv never heard of any one getting a shark on the drop down to the mountain, 4kg of weight would be moving fairly quickly...

Trolled SE from the mountain found a fair bit of bait busting up on the surface, pulled the gear in straight away and started to cube.

Not long into the cube the 50w started to growl, took off like a fin, but was another damn mako shark cart wheeling into the distance. Kept going till 4.30 and called it quits for the long ride home.

Adrian

post-33465-0-18538300-1438038499_thumb.png

post-33465-0-49128700-1438038513_thumb.jpg

post-33465-0-18448900-1438038537_thumb.png

post-33465-0-76956200-1438038553_thumb.jpg

post-33465-0-27071600-1438038588_thumb.png

Adrian, you probably upgraded to the mako on the way up not on the drop!

100% on the way down, I was at 200m still dropping when the line went slack, I thought I lost a sinker, engaged into gear then got violent head shakes, he then raced to the surface and stated to jump.

Very weird!

100% on the way down, I was at 200m still dropping when the line went slack, I thought I lost a sinker, engaged into gear then got violent head shakes, he then raced to the surface and stated to jump.

Very weird!

Wow! Sneaky bastards those makos. Nothing's a surprise out in the big blue!

I had not been out for so long we went out Sunday despite the weather, went to Browns and trolled south east almost off the Gong. Had a big thresher attack the lures for maybe 5 mins then gave up. Otherwise lifeless and battled 2 hours back against the roaring westerly. Hard going but was worth it to get on the water and give the boat some exercise. Radio was very quiet. Cheers