Sydney – 23-7-2015 Yellowfin

Had a few Raiders on-board yesterday, we got one Yellowfin around 25-30kg for 4 knockdowns. At first I was sure it was a Bluefin, it ran as hard and long as the Bluefin we caught a couple of weeks ago.

We hi-sped trolled all the way to Browns at 20 knots and got nothing doing that, (I didn’t expect to J
), we slowed down to 8 knots at Browns and trolled to about 10NM east of Brown’s in 20.2 for zeros. We headed directly south from there, it got better the further south we went and we started getting a few knockdowns. We found a slight temp break with a long line nearby that went from 20.2 to 19.7, we got the Yellowfin near there, about 10NM east of the Canyons.

A good day out, a little choppy in the morning but it settled right down in the arvo. James, who was on board jumped in the water and took a few underwater photos of the fin, braver than me, looking forward to seeing them.

We got it on 6” Red/Black lure chain with squid inside the bait chamber. When we cleaned the Yellowfin it was full of squid, so there’s the match.
http://www.scentblazer.com/Products/tabid/292/ProdID/1275/CatID/197/Lure_Chain_Red__Black_Squid__Pusher_Head.aspx

Also the navigation lights on the Sow and Pigs markers are not working, so watch out if you are around there at night.

Peter

post-22587-0-91006400-1437722897_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-88563700-1437722906_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-43683100-1437722914_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-69938300-1437722927_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-61656500-1437722937_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-98335100-1437722945_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-78394400-1437722958_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-22858200-1437722981_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Well done mate! Takes a brave man jumping in out there, no sharks around this time I suppose? I'll have two of those lure chains when you get around to it please.

No Sharks Moonshine ! lol Dogbox and I were off Stanwell park yesterday and a 5 meter white circled the boat, i would not be jumping in, it was nice and close, about 5 meters away from us.

Realy? A white at stanwell? I haven't heard of them this far north.

No Sharks Moonshine ! lol Dogbox and I were off Stanwell park yesterday and a 5 meter white circled the boat, i would not be jumping in, it was nice and close, about 5 meters away from us.

yeah but I heard they only have an appetite for pro surfers these days :)

Realy? A white at stanwell? I haven't heard of them this far north.

I have had a few close encounters with whites spearing off the illawarra, at the banks, and off the Central Coast. Whites travel all the way up to QLD especially at this time of year following the whales.

I have had a few close encounters with whites spearing off the illawarra, at the banks, and off the Central Coast. Whites travel all the way up to QLD especially at this time of year following the whales.

yeah, I remember there was a segment on 60 minutes on the north end of Stockton Beach in Newcastle. Guys would drive their 4WD onto the beach, then paddle out on surf boards and drop a big mullet bait out the back, they consistently catch whites off the beach up to 8ft and larger. Some guys even setup game chairs on the back of their 4WD utes.

I don't normally target sharks anymore, but we hooked a small white really close off Long Reef once, bloody scary when you see them snapping their jaws.

no probs, it was good we got one, there was monster YFT caught the day before, 80kg plus, next time that's us :)

Thanks heaps pete for the day,mad lures which actually work I think SCENTBLAZER should be made a MENTOR who agrees ?

Sailfish

Thanks heaps pete for the day,mad lures which actually work I think SCENTBLAZER should be made a MENTOR who agrees ?

Sailfish

Pete's lures do work and yes they have proven they work time and time again , I just cant wait to run them on my boat seriously , Especially those's high speed lures thats what i like , To and from different spots yes thanks, and those's Lure Chains there a must for all boats , The difference between Pete and other lure Maker's Pete takes you out on his boat do other lures makers do the same I DONT THINK SO, Pete time and time again has asked me to go out for a fish due to work i am in its hard and i have not bought a single lure of him , That says a lot about the guy. Mentor i don't think so , Why cause he already does the job.

Sailfish

It just takes a nomination!

I'm surprised some of the Junior guys who have been out with Pete and embarked on this game Fish addiction haven't done so already.

Swordfisherman Stewy, did the sell job when he came out with me a couple of weeks back on the scent blazer teaser. I've used a lot of different teasers and have a couple of favourites.

I will be adding one to my tool kit, it just looks good, and swims really really well,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Swordfisherman Stewy, did the sell job when he came out with me a couple of weeks back on the scent blazer teaser. I've used a lot of different teasers and have a couple of favourites.

I will be adding one to my tool kit, it just looks good, and swims really really well,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Told ya :biggrinthumb: