Late call

GH1952

Ive decided that Friday looks as the best weather for fishing and I am going out to try and give the tuna a bit of hurry up.

So far Ive got myself and one other comming out so if anybody wants to have a run let me know.

I'll be leaving from Newport about 9.00am and fishing into the late afternoon.

yeah I thought the same, Friday looks best, I got work and kids anyway, so I'm out for at least another week

temps breaks, alt and currents look really good out there, maybe you'll get the tuna trifecta, bft, yft and albacore :)

good luck, keen to hear how you go

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Definitely łate Gerry. If I had of known yesterday the apprentice would be working his butt off tomorrow while I took a trip south!

Good luck champion, doesn't sound like many out there so you've got the playground to yourself!

Tails up!

Cheers scratchie!!!

G'day Jeff

I only decided to go this morning.

I was going to the boat show but when I checked the weather for the next few days I changed my mind so it's me and allshit

Hopefully they come out to play.

Just as well no one took up the fishing trip offer as it was very short lived

Untied the boat and went out past the Newport arms out into Pittwater past the no wake zone .

Opened up the throttles and noticed a bad vibration on the port engine.

Stopped the engines and put the gear box into neutral, started the engine up and reved to full revs.

All seemed ok no vibration or engine miss up to full revs, engaged the gearbox and Brought the revs up to about 1500 rpm and the vibration starts.

Shut the engine down and check the gearbox oil level and all is as it should be.

I think this is one for the cummins mechanics to sort out.

Turn the boat around and put it back into the pen.

Oh well put plan B into action a change of clothes and off to the boat show.

I did hear a report on the radio of one boat out past Browns with two yellowfin on board by 8.45 am but can't verify if it was true or not.

Just as well no one took up the fishing trip offer as it was very short lived

Untied the boat and went out past the Newport arms out into Pittwater past the no wake zone .

Opened up the throttles and noticed a bad vibration on the port engine.

Stopped the engines and put the gear box into neutral, started the engine up and reved to full revs.

All seemed ok no vibration or engine miss up to full revs, engaged the gearbox and Brought the revs up to about 1500 rpm and the vibration starts.

Shut the engine down and check the gearbox oil level and all is as it should be.

I think this is one for the cummins mechanics to sort out.

Turn the boat around and put it back into the pen.

Oh well put plan B into action a change of clothes and off to the boat show.

I did hear a report on the radio of one boat out past Browns with two yellowfin on board by 8.45 am but can't verify if it was true or not.

yeah bummer mate, yeah its happened to me before, nothing worse

Hey mate,

If the engine revved to full revs smoothly no vibration and then at 1500 rpm in gear I would be thinking it could be shaft/prop related,even something wrapped around the prop or shaft.

Not sure if you have shafts or legs but guessing shafts, I had vibration on my old 35 Bertie and it ended up being a misalignment of the shaft to gearbox coupling which an adjustment to the rear engine mounts rectified.

Good luck with it,

Paddy

I was out there today and didn't hear much on the radio. I heard the boat say they had caught two yellowfin but I didn't believe them as the water temp east of browns was quite cold. I deep dropped Browns for one Gemmie. Had another big fish coming up from the deep that got sharked with 50m to go and then I ended up fighting this Mako manually on my electric reel for the next hour. I got it boat side and estimated it to be around the 100-120kg mark. After that I got sealed to a Gemmie. Does anyone have any tricks on how to get past the seals or once they are there its a free feed for them. So annoying.

We went out today as well. Trolled south of browns then circled back to NE of browns then back to shelf. Was absolutely dead out there for us... although weather was perfect so cant complain :) im hoping to go out again on sunday if that wind drops a bit...

Unfortunately the morning I left I checked rip charts and there was too much cloud cover to show me that temp break otherwise I would have headed straight to heatons. Wish there was mobile service out there to check rip charts for daily updates.

Hey mate,

If the engine revved to full revs smoothly no vibration and then at 1500 rpm in gear I would be thinking it could be shaft/prop related,even something wrapped around the prop or shaft.

Not sure if you have shafts or legs but guessing shafts, I had vibration on my old 35 Bertie and it ended up being a misalignment of the shaft to gearbox coupling which an adjustment to the rear engine mounts rectified.

Good luck with it,

Paddy

Same thought I'm going to have a swim today to see if there's anything around the shafts or prop plus check the Skeg bearing.

Unfortunately the morning I left I checked rip charts and there was too much cloud cover to show me that temp break otherwise I would have headed straight to heatons. Wish there was mobile service out there to check rip charts for daily updates.

yeah bummer, yeah I know we lose mobile around the 12 mile mark. Alternative is a sat phone which is expensive per minute or one of those big Sat dishes. I just use the cloud free sst if there are other ones are not available, they aren't too bad on ripcharts, gets you close enough to the mark and you can work the rest out when your out there.