Jet powered Yak?

kiwicraig

Guest Guest123456789

Those things will sell like hot cakes. I'd be interested to know the range, if it could get me to most of my local inshore reefs and back and the price is competitive with a small tinny I'd consider one. It would also need to be light enough to get on roof racks which is 80kg on my set. I wonder if you need a boat licence as well? Massive bonus if you don't, reading it can go to 20knots I think that means you will need one.

Yeah - for sure you will need a boat licence. Would it be considered a PWC I wonder? I'd love to have a go in one for sure, but when I think of Yak fishing it is about three things over normal boat fishing. Peace, access to areas boats can't go and exercise. This gives you one for three... Two if you count trying to get it on your roof rack as exercise ;)

Those things will sell like hot cakes. I'd be interested to know the range, if it could get me to most of my local inshore reefs and back and the price is competitive with a small tinny I'd consider one. It would also need to be light enough to get on roof racks which is 80kg on my set. I wonder if you need a boat licence as well? Massive bonus if you don't, reading it can go to 20knots I think that means you will need one.

Details can be found here http://www.aquanami.com/index.php/products/jetkayak.html

• Two fishing rod mounting bases
  • Dry storage compartment
  • Easy to use central Joystick
  • Adjustable foot pedals
  • On board digital display
  • Dimensions: 104" x 28.5" , 264 x 73 cm
  • GT dimensions: 115" x 29" , 292 x 74 cm
  • Dry weight: 128 lbs – 60 kg,
  • GT Model dry weight: 139 lbs - 65 kg
  • Rider weight limit: 190 lbs - 86 kg
  • Rider weight limit:(GT) 250 lbs - 113 kg
  • Electric start
  • Max speed: 25 mph, 40 kmh
  • Engine: 9.5 hp four-stroke
  • Closed loop water cooling system
  • 2 gallon gas tank: 2 hours at full throttle!