heading out on Sunday

tomorrow looks ok, not sure where to fish, there's a colder break a little south of the browns that goes 17 to 18.5 and warmer break out near heatons that goes from 18.5 to 20.5. Currents and alt look better near Heatons.

will check the charts tomorrow morning and make a decision then, we are just gonna troll, we'll give the shark fishing a miss and just try to find some tuna out there somewhere

CS: happy hooka 2

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Wanted to head out, but back from overseas bus. Trip on Thursday, and seem to be good at bringing a bug back with me!

I was looking at that same temp break and altimetry over Heatons,, and regretting feeling like crap.

Good luck tomorrow guys, look forward to some positive reports

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thinking of running wide of the southern canyons.

If I can't find the water there will head ne

Now the challenge is to get the crew to confirm there actually coming....

yeah, don't you love that, I had a late scratching

good luck to anyone heading out

Pretty tough mate, all day trolling for a stripey. Heard 2 finn were caught. One in the 25-30kg and the second approx 60. Plenty of boats out with bugger all results. But who knows tomorrow is another day.

How did everyone go today?

My crew pulled the pin so I never got out.

Thinking of doing a solo run tomorrow but I'm keen to hear how today was.

Cheers

Pretty tough mate, all day trolling for a stripey. Heard 2 finn were caught. One in the 25-30kg and the second approx 60. Plenty of boats out with bugger all results. But who knows tomorrow is another day.

we got skunked, we got 3 hook-ups all day, I am pretty sure one was a stripy, I think we got him on the underwater camera, will check later

got 2 mutton birds, they were following us all day

got the hook-ups around 10NM east of browns around 4.30pm in 20.3. Out beyond heatons in 20.7 we saw 2 smaller fish on the surface, probably stripies, but that's we saw all day and one sun fish on the way in. Looked promising everywhere we went. Couldn't get a good read of SSTs this morning, In hindsight probably should have headed more SE, looking for the cooler temp break. It was 20.3 to 20.7 all day for us.

That's fishing :) Conditions were pretty good, always worth getting out there.

yeah, bummer we only got those few knock downs all day. I looked at the underwater footage, we had a stripy on for about 2 mins before we noticed it, we were dragging it around like live bait :)

that shot was from when we stopped to reel in the stripy, a couple of stripies came up behind the sinking lure and camera to have a look

had a quick look at the rest of footage didn't see any other fish on it