Which line for bream

FishingScent

Hi all I am after new line for bream fishing fussy things that they are. Looking to fish hard body's and un weighted baits. Was thinking 3lb fire line or berkley nanofil with 3lb fc rock leader. What are your thoughts/set ups? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For leader, any decent light fluoro should be enough I reckon. In the past I used 4 lb Nitlon DFC, but more recently I've still been getting the occasional bream on 6 lb and 8 lb (though I wasn't targeting them). If you're fishing in a spot with lots of flatties, might be worth using the heavier leader to avoid getting bitten off. Hope that helps.

Edited by adamski

I would normally use 12 lb braid with a 6lb fluorocarbon leader.

I think you are on the money with the unweighted baits down a burley trail.

An hour or so either side of the high tide at night or a high on dawn or dust works best for me.

Cheers

Jim

Guest Guest123456789

I would normally use 12 lb braid with a 6lb fluorocarbon leader.

I think you are on the money with the unweighted baits down a burley trail.

An hour or so either side of the high tide at night or a high on dawn or dust works best for me.

Cheers

Jim

Why not just use 6lbs braid instead of 12lbs?

Guest Guest123456789

Guys my 10lbs reel is outta action and so I took the 6lbs reel today instead. I now know what you mean! Bloody line tangles - got one so bad it snapped.

Hi mate pretty much all my bream setups are loaded with 0.6pe (very thin braid) and I run 4-6lb leaders. If you're running light hard bodies the light line definitely helps casting distance, but can take a bit of management. Wafting baits not so much of a drama :)