Batemans Bay land based

Sutho

Morning all.

Just joined up yesterday after following the forums for some time. Was looking for some advice from all you experts.

I have been fishing Batemans Bay for a few years now. My oldest son is 5 and loves his fishing, but I need to keep him interested which means he needs to catch something every time we go.

As I don't have a boat I am after some insights into where are some good spots to take a 5 year old land based around Batemans Bay. Will be chasing flathead, bream, whiting and squid. I have some spots that I have always had plenty of luck at but aren't suitable for such a small kid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because if I can keep him interested at this age then I'll have a fishing partner for life!!!

Cheers,

Sutho

Give Durras Lake a go if you don't mind a short drive

Try pump some nippers which is fun in itself

Plenty whiting, bream and flathead that will keep the little guy entertained

Jack

G'day Jack.

Thanks for the reply. I've never been to Durras, but have heard it's pretty good fishing. To wade into the shallows with the little fella would you go to North or South Durras? And are there any good spots for nippers there or get them first at the bay?

Cheers mate.

Sutho

I stay at the South Durras caravan park during Summer so I usually just fish that side but either North or South would be good

I pump nippers up near the mouth of the south side and there's heaps of nipper holes up there, the whiting go mad for them

I think the lake is currently closed, so it may have filled up a bit but you should still be able to wade out, if not there's plenty of spots to fish from the shore

It's a great spot, it's where I got hooked on fishing!

Jack