Raiders kayak Day

BigRod

Anyone keen to make a Raiders kayak Day out ?

If an admin would like to Make it official that would be fantastic i'm sure a lot would be keen

Please pm me if you have some venues in mind

Possible Venues

Port Hacking

Windang Botany

Bay Hawkesbury

Sydney Harbour

Edited by BigRod

Sook Schmook! I'm not as young as some of you heroes and my joints hurt in the cold. Come summer, however, and this Clark Kent dons his Superman outfit and is a different person. (Yeah, Ok the Watersnake helps), but nonetheless, I'm all for a yak gathering. Let's see if the Swordies want in to consider making this a sanctioned social. BigRod, good thinking!

well i was out on the hobie on sunday water temp is about 17 so its not bad plenty of Flathead about .

as far as a venue im open to suggestions we would need to keep some things in mind when picking venues ie parking (no on wants to pay for parking), the size of some peoples kayaks are not safe in open water ( safety first).

Rod, As far as I'm concerned, Port Hacking and Georges River, although both good water ways, offer parking problems for large groups. However, Narrabeen Lake or Appletree Bay have plenty of good parking areas (you do get stuck with a $7 fee at Appletree, but it's probably worth it). Sydney Harbour would possibly be OK west of the bridge parking-wise. I'm not talking 100% from experience, but Google Maps gives one a good idea of parking spaces.

Personally, I reckon Narrabeen Lake, as it's next door to Narrabeen itself, so last minute purchases of supplies is easy, it's not too bad to access from most places in Sydney, and it offers a good variety of fish and locations. But then again, the Georges, upstream of the Liverpool weir could also be good.

I'd welcome other Raiders' inputs as my recommendation is by no means going to be welcomed by at least some would be participants.

I'm OK for Northern Beaches area and higher (live in Central Coast).

Narrabeen Lakes is great but depending on the day it can be busy. But should prolly be OK at this time of the year. I like Apple Tree bay/Bobbin Head too. I think the National Pak there is $11 a day not $7, tbc.

If you guys don't mind the travel then up the Central Coast most parkings are free :-) Terrigal if you want to fish the ocean or The Entrance or Lake macquarie for lakes.

I like the Narrabeen lakes idea liverpool is ok they put a new wharf in there at the flowerpower at milperra , appletree is a nice suggestion

Any admins keen to support a Raiders yak day out

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Hmm i think apple tree will be a good spot plenty of parking and a good variety of fish to target and is a safe water way if anyone has a negative points besides jetski idiots please share

Next is just to sort out a date

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

There are three likely spots at Narrabeen Lake. Middle Creek Reserve, at the back of the lake, Billarong Reserve, on the north side of the like about mid distance between the entrance and Middle Creek. Both are off the Wakehurst Parkway. Or Lakeside Park, off Pittwater Road, near the lake entrance.