offshore thursday 27-8-2015

decided do a bit of a combo yesterday, jigged at the 12 mile to begin with for about 2hrs, we got 2 kingies and sore arms :) 1 was just legal and the other was a throwback. The throwback had 2 perfectly round bites on its back, we thought it could have been a cookie cutter shark or a squid. There were about 8 boats around the 12 mile, they were all pulling in kings mainly on live baits, next time we'll take a few live baits, easier than jigging.

around midday we started trolling, we found a break that went 18 to 20.5 about 2 miles west of the 12 mile, so we headed for that, good break, heaps of birds, bait, whales all along it, we were sounding bait everywhere around the break. We eventually got one hit on a 6" inch lure but that's all.

We didn't push east of the 12mile, the westerly was stronger than forecasted, so it would been pretty bumpy out wide in my boat.

Anyway, it was worth a shot out and conditions were pretty good, I'm sure there will be something turning up on all that bait out there, either that or the preditors are just full and can't eat anymore.

post-22587-0-31953000-1440731157_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-17308000-1440731167_thumb.jpg

post-22587-0-21255800-1440731174_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures

Unlucky Pete.

Jigging in 110m sure is hard work but good fun when it pays off.

A Thursday on the ocean sure beat my day in the office.

I was hoping to get out this Sunday but the weather looks very average so don't like my chances

yeah, jigging is hard yakka at that depth, I spoke to a few guys who regularly fish the 12 mile for kings, they said they definitely do better on the live baits than jigging, we'll do a combo next time, jig and live bait

we'll pick up some live bait at the artificial, do you get kings at the artificial? Seems like a likely spot for them and much shallower so it would be easier to jig there.

good luck on Sunday if you get out there

Edited by Scent Blazer Lures