Mangrove Creek Dam

tyrone07

Hey Guys, just a quick question if anybody has ever fished up this way for bass or any other freshwater species. I know the dam is off limits to fishing but believe it does hold bass. Just wondering if any of the small feeder creeks hold bass and if anybody have had any success fishing these.

• 2 years later...

Ive fished around that area before. Three days of 12 hours a day for 2 fish. A big fat carp and a dink teraglin. What a trip. But the carp was fun as we intended to hunt down a carp. When we were fishing for carp a man came with 2 kids fishing for bass with lures. They said they caught them there and later I saw what I think was bass darting off as we boated past. So there's bass there. Worth a shot if you come around to mangrove creek or mangrove dam.

the dam itself is locked down..closed waters with no access..no fishing...there are no creeks above the dam it is a natural rock basin that only collects rain from all the surrounding valleys..i have ridden dirt bikes all round back area of dam off the great north walk trail and downstream all the way to dubbo gully ..I have built wire fences around waterboard machinery down as far as the pump station on mangrove creek at the weir...we have caught a few bass in the creek but you need to fish it on a high tide as there is no water left below weir on the low..last time I yakd in there I only got 1 small bass 1 small bream......there are bass and carp above the weir but its all waterboard property and locked gates are everywhere...no trespassing signs everywhere...there are better spots to fish...look at google and pick somewhere easier would be my suggestion..rick

• 2 months later...