Whats On This Weekend 1/2

Ken A

No fishing for me this weekend - the :wife: is dragging me down to Canberra to Floriade to smell the roses :thumbdown: or so she thinks. I reckon she forgets that Canberra has this big lake just made for a flyfish session :biggrin2:

I should be able to get out Saturday, and possibly Monday. I know Public holidays are a shit of a day to be out there, but better than nothing! :wacko:

I think I will really REALLY try and get some squid. I miss eating them, and they will help me attract some decent fish. :thumbup:

I think I will really REALLY try and get some squid. I miss eating them, and they will help me attract some decent fish. :thumbup:

69592[/snapback]

So, Joe ... you eat squid so you can catch decent fish ... your lucky undies aren't working then :wacko:

I am staying in a drinking village this weekend ... with my fishing problem things could get interesting :biggrin2:

LONG WEEKEND :yahoo: with no plans other than fishing :biggrin2:

Plan on doing an overnighter on Lake Macquarie. Anchor up just before dusk, put a couple of livies down and burley hard. Oh yeah and maybe a couple of :beersmile: to while away the hours.

Also plan on going up the hunter and chase a river bass at some stage.

Have a good one all :thumbup:

Got a wedding on Saturday afternoon and evening. Will probably be a bit hungover Sunday and the :wife: has another tupperware party to do, so I'll be on child minding duties.

Monday I will be christening the new fly outfit to try and get this casting business sorted. Depending on the wind I might go for an sp flick first then fly in the arvo when the wind backs off. There are usually good schools of mullet around the western side of Lake Macquarie, just hope I can do a few decent casts with the long wand.

Good luck to all. Hope you get a few from the Lake this time Jethro. From most reports I've heard/read, the Lake is starting to fire up.

Shane

:1fishing1:

Hi Guys,

I'll be hitting the parra very early Saturday morning with my 8 year old Andy. Probably head up to Hen and Chicken bay and soak some prawns and chuck a few BM's around. :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Nothing too flash, just a nice relaxing morning with the eldest.

Then around mid-day the Mrs and the other two kids will meet Andy and I at the ramp for a picnic lunch. :thumbup:

Doesn' get any better than that - fishing and time with the family on a beaut waterway. :yahoo:

Mum and Dad will venture to our place for a BBQ Sunday and a couple of :beersmile:

Monday we have no plans so we'll decide on something when we crawl out of bed on Monday morning.

Magic!! :yahoo:

Cheers,

Edited by mottyman

Fishing friday with Brian I hope the Trevs are still around. Getting my mechanic to take a look at a great 4 x 4 landcruiser i found and then im going to spot x on sat night for a jewie spin, But i have to work on Sun & Mon Sniff......Sniff :1crybaby:

But I should be able to catch the big game ow yeah :thumbup:

Heading up to the Nth coast, Wooli for a wk from friday fishing most of the time. This time last yr kings everywhere and the river was alive with bream. Also best time for big reds so cant wait. My best fish from here a 9kg amberjack on a floater while fishing for reds. Cant wait. Saw Allen Glover last nite at work and he said kings were on at Sth West Rocks so might pop in on the way home. Then nxt Sat when we get home pre-fish for the Brizzy Waters Pro Flathead and then fishing the Pro on Sunday. Good Wk :thumbup::biggrin2:

Won't even think about going on the water on a long week-end. :1badmood:

But seeing as I'm still off work and depending on how the wrist is hope to get out next week sometime :thumbup::thumbup:

Will try and get down to the Fly day and say gday

Boppa :beersmile::beersmile:

Saturday might go down and take advantage of the rising tide to try for a spring narra lake mega whiting (then again the lake has been stone dead for yonks) on lure. Sunday looooooooong day at work, then monday normal loooong day working :( . Bombie

Fishing friday with Brian I hope the Trevs are still around. Getting my mechanic to take a look at a great 4 x 4 landcruiser i found and then im going to spot x on sat night for a jewie spin, But i have to work on Sun & Mon Sniff......Sniff :1crybaby:

But I should be able to catch the big game ow yeah :thumbup:

69684[/snapback]

You mean to say that there's a spot x on the east coast too ? :1prop:

Cheers All CP

You mean to say that there's a spot x on the east coast too ?  :1prop:

Cheers All CP

69787[/snapback]

:074: The funny thig is this spot x gets crowded sometimes. :tease::biggrin2:

BTW, :1welcomeani: Mr Pineapple.

As for my weekend, no fishing at all. :(

I have a few things to do but after this weekend it's fishing every weekend......I hope. :1fishing1:

Have a good weekend Raiders. :thumbup:

cheers

Hooky