Looking for Fello kayaker chasing kingies in Sydney harbour

Charleskil

Hey all,

I'm new to this site but can already see there are some very cool and experienced fishermen here.

I've recently taken up kayaking (mostly cause I couldn't afford a boat) and am keen to join who ever, on fishing quests in Sydney harbour.

Would be very keen to chase some kingfish/ salmon/ flathead or Jews, if anyone is planning on going early one weekend.

Otherwise some tips would also be most appreciated.

Kings can turn up pretty much anywhere in the Harbour at tmes. Spots I have either had success on the kayak or seen fish hooked are (in no particular order):

- Spit Bridge

- wedding cakes and other shipping markers (including any dropoff from Shark Island to heads)

- outer part of North Head (my biggest)

- North side of Goat Island (just watch to don't head into the no fishing zone toward the bridge)

Some us downriggers, I prefer to use a decent size lead and troll live bait really slowly, mainly because I am cheap.

Soft stickbaits can also work well, particularly around the markers.

Salmon seem to be around now, you just need to find the schools and chase them.

Jews - NFI

Flathead - Not much idea for Harbour but if we want them usually drift the area between South Head and Sow & Pigs reef. Need to be really careful tho due to lots and ferries & other traffic.

Hopefully we will start getting back on the water soon so will PM you once we get some time.