Rod Recommendation for Shimano 6000 Baitrunner

Hi Fishraiders,

After trading in the sailboat on a fishing boat, I made an initial investment in a set of entry level reels to get started for in-shore and near offshore fishing.

Shimano Sedona 2500

Shimano Symetre 4000

Shimano Baitrunner 6000

Shimano TLD 25 ,

The two bigger reels came with cheap rods as part of a package. Last night (on the turn of the tide) I hooked up to a 4 foot gummy shark on the Baitrunner and the Shimano Eclipse 8-12 Kg rod broke in half. So I'm looking for a replacement. My budget is $80-$120. (Sneakyfisho have a 20% off sale on rods now.) This will be my main rod for heavier spinning duties so it has to be an all-rounder. I don't want to break the next one and lose a Mulloway or a Kingfish the size of the gummy (which I did manage to land, by the way.)

I'd appreciate any recommendations

Steve

I've got my tld's matched with shimano beast masters. Very happy with the combination.

I also use silstar crystal blue tips with my bigger spin reels. Top of your budget but a nice rod imo

Agree with above Comments. shimano usually have great customer service.

Thanks guys,

I went to BCF Auburn looking for the silstar's but they had none suitable. I ended up with a nice ugly stick. By the way, BCF were the only one of three stores that didn't try to upsell me to a $300. rod. Well done BCF.

Steve